Sales Hub Tools

MBHeffernan
Participant

New to HubSpot and looking for advice on Set up of Deals

SOLVE

Hi, 

I am new to HubSpot and in the process of setting up Deals (with three pipelines)-for capital equipment, service contracts and disposable products.  The first two (capital contract and service pipeline deals) are easy since they are one time "deals" lasting year(s).  But I am looking to find others that have Sales Hub Professional that have determined how to handle "recurring sales" in deals  for disposable products (without having Enterprise version).  Do you enter every transaction as a deal, proactively or when you get the invoice? 

One idea is to enter the projected 12 month revenue for that sales of disposables over the next 12 months.  Then as each month goes by, update the amount based on what was actually purchased plus what is expected the remainder of the months in the year.   I am not sure if this is the right way to do this or if it will cause other problems with forecasting or pipeline reporting.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MBHeffernan,

Great question! I'm going to base my answer on the background I have so far, but may change my answer with more info.

I'd lean towards creating a new deal for each customer per month, provided you don't have 100s of customers. I think your reporting would be a bit more accurate in this fashion without Enterprise.

We have a client that tracks a new deal for each PO that comes in from their ongoing fabrication clients. Production volumes change each month so it is important to them to track the numbers based on realized revenue vs what was estimated for the overall deal. To accomplish this, they import the deals via CSV each month. It's more manual, but they can export the data from the accounting system and then enter 50-60 deals at a time while maintaining accurate reports. 

I hope this is helpful. I'd be happy to talk through this for you more in-depth!

Josh

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
AnwarJutt98

SOLVE

Hey I'm new here at this community, with a hope to learn new things with best Mates, Having a huge experience with Hubspot. Love to see here. Olansi Air Purifier

MBHeffernan
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @Josh.  This is definitely another idea to consider.   

If I understand your suggestion, you are recommending entering each PO for disposable/consumable product (through an import).  I like that idea, but wonder how it can be entered into a "forecast".  I am very new to HubSpot and just in the process of setting up our "deals"  before the sales team gets trained and starts to enter their deals.  

Ultimately, the goal would be to be able to look at a company record (hospital)and see what they've purchased (actual revenue) and what we have in the pipeline to know the forecast for capital equipment, service contract and consumable/disposables.

MB

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MBHeffernan,

Great question! I'm going to base my answer on the background I have so far, but may change my answer with more info.

I'd lean towards creating a new deal for each customer per month, provided you don't have 100s of customers. I think your reporting would be a bit more accurate in this fashion without Enterprise.

We have a client that tracks a new deal for each PO that comes in from their ongoing fabrication clients. Production volumes change each month so it is important to them to track the numbers based on realized revenue vs what was estimated for the overall deal. To accomplish this, they import the deals via CSV each month. It's more manual, but they can export the data from the accounting system and then enter 50-60 deals at a time while maintaining accurate reports. 

I hope this is helpful. I'd be happy to talk through this for you more in-depth!

Josh

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MBHeffernan 

Welcome to the Community and welcome to HubSpot, we hope you enjoy the journey 🙂 

I want to tag some of our experts for this specific question - @GeorgeBThomas @Josh @Bryantworks do you have any thoughts & tips for @MBHeffernan on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MBHeffernan
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Tiphaine for tagging others for their advice!  Appreciate it!

MB