Sales Hub Tools

MKristiansen
Participant

Multi-year deals, but invoicing each month/quarter

Hi. We have deals that can last for up to 4 years, but the invoicing should be done more frequently. We have built an integration to the invoicing system (ERP) and need to find a way to trigger monthly (or quarterly) invoices to be sent to ERP.  Does anybody have any experience with this? We do not want to create new deals for each invoicing period, but keep the multi-year deal, but still be able to invoice more frequently. Can this be solved through a workflow? And if so, how? Unfortuantly I am not very experienced with creating complex workflows, so I would appreciate it if anybody has some tips on how to do it.

2 Replies 2
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Hi @MKristiansen! Interesting question and very outside-the-box thinking. Kudos! However,my initial thought is this...don't do this in Hubspot. This platform is not intended to be a billing platform.

Once you close a sale (sign a contract, for example) the Deal in Hubspot should be Closed-Won. Move your contact's info and billing into to the ERP and setup recurring billing from there. Is this at all possible for you? Are there reasons you want to drive this activity from inside Hubspot?

Sorry to be a downer on this one; I just think you should use a billing platform that is meant to handle such activity.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
MKristiansen
Participant

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately we are not able to solve this in the billing platform, without a lot of manual work (which I am trying to avoid).  We might be able to build it into the integration, but that will make it harder to track. Need to do some more thinking here. 

0 Upvotes