Sales Hub Tools

Marsaurel

Missing email @mention notification

SOLVE

Hey Hubspot community

I tried to mention myself in when logging a meeting (or in a note) with @Aurel but I don't receive any email when doing so...is that possible on HubSpot?

it works when mentioning my colleagues and my settings are set up on receiving emails...

1 Accepted solution
vrneuman
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Marsaurel ,

Thanks for the additional clarification.  After running some tests on my own account, I can confirm that your suspicions are correct here - mentions will only trigger an email notification if they aren't to your own user.  

The closest option I'm seeing to this would be to create a separate task for yourself with the Task tab.  I agree that this involves more steps than a mention, but is likely your best option currently.  I'm also happy to bring your feedback on mentions to my team to keep in mind as they continue to improve the tool.  

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
vrneuman
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Marsaurel ,

Your user's notifications are controlled from the Profile & Preferences menu.  The first place I would check if you haven't already is the Mention > CRM section of Notifications.  You will want to make sure the Email box is checked for all mention options listed here.  You can read more about setting user notifications here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-set-up-user-notifications-in-hubs....  

0 Upvotes
Marsaurel

SOLVE

Hey @vrneuman 

thanks for the answer. 

All the box are checked for emails notifications (and for every notification too...email is always checked) 

If a colleague of mine mentioned me it works, I receive an email...but if I want to mention myself it doesn't work...nothing happens....so the problem really seems to be about mentioning yourself. 

My goal is to get reminded of a task I have to do within that contact or company while writing in a meeting note...in an easy way such as the @mention which is super efficient....so if you can't make it happens for the mention myself idea, let me know if you have any other idea in mind...

Cheers 

0 Upvotes
vrneuman
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Marsaurel ,

Thanks for the additional clarification.  After running some tests on my own account, I can confirm that your suspicions are correct here - mentions will only trigger an email notification if they aren't to your own user.  

The closest option I'm seeing to this would be to create a separate task for yourself with the Task tab.  I agree that this involves more steps than a mention, but is likely your best option currently.  I'm also happy to bring your feedback on mentions to my team to keep in mind as they continue to improve the tool.  

0 Upvotes
Marsaurel

SOLVE

thanks for the effort. Looking forward to that new feature 😉 

All the best in the meantime 

0 Upvotes