Sales Hub Tools

rbrown

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

Hello All

im using the 15min of free calls - but after making like 4 calls for 10-20 seconds each - the systen is now reporting i haved used 9 mins.

is this normal ?

in Australia - 1 minute is 60 seconds.. maybe in the USA you work on some other standard 🙂 

let me know

1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

Hi @rbrown,

Indeed, you're correct in your assumption - HubSpot Calling rounds up to the minute, so a 20s call would count as 1mn, 1:30mn would count as 2mn, etc... 

This is the way that our Calling tool, Twillio, quantifies calling data; it makes it easier for both parties to count calling time, and keep track of the time that people have used with the feature.

With HubSpot Sales Pro, you have access to 2000 minutes of calling; if you run out, you can call into Support, and someone will be able to raise your limit.

I hope this helps, and let me know if I can clarify anything else!

May

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Ana65

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

It seems there might be a glitch in the system. I recommend checking your call history or contacting customer support to clarify the discrepancy. The standard duration should indeed be consistent across locations. Hopefully, this can be resolved promptly.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

Hey @Ana65, thank you for posting in our Community!

Are you also facing this issue? I recommend creating a new post with more information since this one is from 2017. This way, we will have the most updated information to specifically help you.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
GilmourB
Participant

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

I have the same problem. 37sec. calls are being recorded as 2min calls. A 24 sec. call was just recorded as a 4min. call. 

Is there a resolution to this problem? I'm not inclined to move to a paid seat knowing that I'll be gouged on phone minutes. 

MWeinerts
Participant

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

Maybe you are using "Call from phone": "when using the Call from phone option, two calls are made: one to the first phone to set up the recording, and another to the second phone for the actual call. This will double the amount of calling minutes used."

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

@GilmourB As I mentioned above, if you are a Sales Pro user and feel that you need more calling minutes, you can submit a web ticket to request an increase. There is no "solution" for free users, as the 15 minutes of allotted calling is meant only to allow users to try out the tool. If you are a paid customer, our team will work with you to ensure that you are getting the most out of your subscription.

Best,

May

0 Upvotes
GilmourB
Participant

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

May,

As mentioned above, the minutes are being used up more than twice as fast as the actual call length. 

MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

Hi @rbrown,

Indeed, you're correct in your assumption - HubSpot Calling rounds up to the minute, so a 20s call would count as 1mn, 1:30mn would count as 2mn, etc... 

This is the way that our Calling tool, Twillio, quantifies calling data; it makes it easier for both parties to count calling time, and keep track of the time that people have used with the feature.

With HubSpot Sales Pro, you have access to 2000 minutes of calling; if you run out, you can call into Support, and someone will be able to raise your limit.

I hope this helps, and let me know if I can clarify anything else!

May

rbrown

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

Hi May

that is somewhat false advertising. it should have a * explaining this as the very least.

so support will 100% raise my limit every month guaranteed for every account we have ? (assuming we have paid licenses) ?

I estimate we would need 3000+ mins per sales person as its a minimum of 1 minute per call in your way of counting.. so thats only 3000 calls a month / 135 calls per day  (22 working days per month)

let me know.

Robert

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Missing Calling Minutes

SOLVE

Hi @rbrown,

If you are a Sales Pro user and you feel as though your number of minutes is insufficient, you can call into Support and a representative will get in touch with the team in order to raise your monthly limit permanently. You should have no issues with raising the limit to 3000 minutes. Once this is done, your user will always have 3000 minutes per month. 

May

0 Upvotes