Mentions and assigning tasks not working?

New Contributor

Anyone else have the problem where at times, hubspot will NOT send an email to someone in your company if you tag them using @ mention or won't notify you if someone creates a task for you? Very annoying as it is imperitive for us to know when a coworker is assigning a task or needs help on a deal. 

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
Community Manager

Hello @SavannahdelRay can you confirm the names of the users in your portal you expect to receive notifications?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Kerwin Felix, Cinamon Perry, Morgan Hawkins, Glen Battle, and myself

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @SavannahdelRay I cannot see any record of notifications bouncing for these users. Can you ask each of them to review their Notification Settings to check if @mentions and any other notifications they expect to see are activated.

Navigate to your Avatar > Profile & Preferences > Notificatiosn and make sure the display looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 16.40.36.png

If you can confirm that nofication settings are set correctly and you are still not seeing these come through then please let myself and theam ( @edjusten and @jennysowyrda) know in this thread. 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

I'm experiencing this very problem right now. I've tested on Lisa Scott and Todd Whisler; neither are receiving a notification and they've both been @ mentioned on several deals.

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

Also, I've followed the steps listed above to ensure the correct boxes were checked for @mentions and they were correct. I know this has worked in the past because we have used it. Yesterday, I was specifically testing for something and neither person received notification - one was myself; both are HS users.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We are continuing to have this problem. I'm not sure why a person can't @mention themselves in the note; however, it's not even working when I @mention another team member. This is so critical for some of our workflow processes as deals close and also for our Sales Director to receive information for actions on a deal. Can we please get this fixed and looked at? Ideally, I'd love to have the old system of @mention yourself in a note, but will just be happy to ensure others are getting. As is, I have to email or IM the person to see if they received the note. That's double work on something that was working so well.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. One user posted notes intended for several other users, but didn't @mention them in the original note. When I edit the note and add the @mention  people, nobody gets notified. All permissions seem to allow this.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @GeoHS,

Can you share specific examples where this is happening? If you can sending along screenshots of the notifications and the email address of the user who should be receiving the email, that would be great!

Thanks,
Jenny 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

This involves three people - all members of our HubSpot. I'll call them person1, person2 and me.

Person1 created a note that person2 should also see. However, person1 did not @mention anyone in the note. Then I came along and added a @mention of person2 like this: @person2. The problem is @person2 did not receive any notification. I also added a mention to myself in the note:

Just to let you know I did the @mention correctly, here's a shot of my adding myself again:

If I can help, let me know.

George

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @GeoHS,

It doesn't look like the screenshots came through. Do you mind resending them? 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes