Sales Hub Tools

corbin-ecm
Participant

Meetings "Redirect to another page" creates referral traffic from meetings.hubspot.com

SOLVE

The "Redirect to another page" option in a HubSpot meeting works great in terms of getting users back onto our domain after scheduling a meeting on meetings.hubspot.com. The downside to this option is that the returning traffic is treated as new user referral traffic from meetings.hubspot.com. This "hides" the real channel that drove a meeting conversion on our website. So for example, instead of paid search receiving credit for the meeting conversion, referral from meetings.hubspot.com would receive it. 

I believe that the core issue is caused by domain hopping between our domain -> hubspot's domain -> back to our domain. That ultimately results in two unique user sesions on our website each with their own attribution.

Has anyone experienced this issue when using HubSpot Meetings and found a way to resolve it? Our website is built on React and Next.js for whatever it is worth.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Meetings "Redirect to another page" creates referral traffic from meetings.hubspot.com

SOLVE

Hey @corbin-ecm,

I think you have two options here:

1. Swap your meetings links to be at your own subdomain which would require recreating all links
  2. Embed your current links on your own domain with the embed widget, I do this by just standing up a no-index page with the meeting embedded and it works great!

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @corbin-ecm,

If you on a paid version of the marketing software or using the CMS Hub, you can host your meetings link on a custom domain, which would resolve this issue. For example, my meetings link live at protocol80.com/meetings/... and all source attribution is carried over accordingly. See the "Host meetings links on your domain" section on this page

The only variable here is that your site isn't hosted on HubSpot, while ours is so everything is on the same domain. I'm not sure if this will function the same with your site being React and Next.js

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @corbin-ecm,

I think you have two options here:

1. Swap your meetings links to be at your own subdomain which would require recreating all links
  2. Embed your current links on your own domain with the embed widget, I do this by just standing up a no-index page with the meeting embedded and it works great!

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
corbin-ecm
Participant

SOLVE

Hi all, the solution we went with was adding app.hubspot.com and meetings.hubspot.com to our referral exclusions list in Google Analytics. It's basically the whole reason that list exists and it works like a charm!

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @corbin-ecm 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Bryantworks @Josh @rikkilear do you have any thoughts for @corbin-ecm on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @corbin-ecm,

If you on a paid version of the marketing software or using the CMS Hub, you can host your meetings link on a custom domain, which would resolve this issue. For example, my meetings link live at protocol80.com/meetings/... and all source attribution is carried over accordingly. See the "Host meetings links on your domain" section on this page

The only variable here is that your site isn't hosted on HubSpot, while ours is so everything is on the same domain. I'm not sure if this will function the same with your site being React and Next.js

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer