Sales Hub Tools

Kerith

Meeting Updates Sending Updates for Past Meetings

SOLVE

Hi there! I was not sure if I should post this here or in Integrations so just going with here. 🙂  Our Sales team recently updated their meeting types and we are in the process of updating all of our meeings from the past two years to reflect the new meeting type naming convention (since meeting type changes are not retroactive). The problem we are having is that every time we update a meeting type, calendar notifications are sent to prospects and/or clients about past meetings. Not good. I had everyone on Sales discconnect their inbox from HS, but some notifications are still going out to all attendees listed on the meeting in HS, (including the Sales team even though their inboxes are disconnected). I understand there is logic around notifications when updates are made to meetings, and it seems the only notifications going out are ones that have been updated, but the issue is making sure this does not happen while we update several hundred meetings. I should add all of these meetings are Zoom and we do have the Zoom integration. 

Does anyone know what is causing this and what we can do to stop notifications going out while we are updating all of our meeting types? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Kerith

In order to avoid the emails from being sent out, you will need to disconnect the calendar sync. Once your calendar is disconnected, meeting attendees should no longer receive emails for meeting updates. 

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Kerith

In order to avoid the emails from being sent out, you will need to disconnect the calendar sync. Once your calendar is disconnected, meeting attendees should no longer receive emails for meeting updates. 

Thanks,
Jenny

bsm007
Top Contributor

SOLVE

While this may be a solution, it is not a viable one to have to disconnect a calendar. HubSpot needs to fix this -- there is another related post about this being an issue: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Update-a-Meeting-description-without-sending-update/i...

0 Upvotes
Kerith

SOLVE

Thank you! That seems to have solved the issue while we are working on making meeting updates. 

0 Upvotes