Sales Hub Tools

CSCunningham

Meeting Link for Territories

SOLVE

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been covered, but I was unable to find the answer. We would like to create a button/link for someone that is looking to book a meeting, which is simple and would be accomplished normally through the round-robin style team booking set up.

The issue is that our sales team has territories and we are trying to avoid connecting the prospect to the wrong rep (territory wise). 

Is there a way, even if through a conditional form, where the visitor can provide their region and they are propted with the meeting link for the correct sales rep for the given territory?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
DAnaGuiloff
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CSCunningham,

I think it would help if we knew how are you defining the Territories, but I will go ahead and make a few assumitions...Your reps don't have any cross-over/1 sales rep per location AND location/territory is something you can pre-define. You have Marketing Pro.

(Disclaimer: A developer could create a more elegant on-page script to display what you are asking for, but I am going to go the DIY route below so you can do it in your own portal without a dev.)

DIY Options (mostly off the top of my head, so you will have to test them out to make sure they do what you want to accomplish)

If you are using postal code or other "free form" property fields then you will want to consider using something that is chosen from a drop down vs. entered by the visitor. It makes it more likely to deliver the right info to the visitor.

If your territories are simple, sure you can use a dependent field on a form to display based on a selection earlier in the form. You will also need to house your Sales Rep Meeting Links in their own Properties to be displayed on the form (be sure to put their meeting link in the label so it is visible). If "Territory" property is X, show dependent field "Sales Rep #1 Meeting Link" (and so on for the remaining territories and reps....).

Keep in mind, the visitor will not be able to click the Meeting Link after it being displayed and submitting the original form itself would be required, so you should have a form submission flow for those that submit so they get their selection in their inbox/on a TY page/inline TY as well. Make use of Smart Content and workflows to deliver this info like you would any other content offer.

That, however, will not stop someone from changing their selection to get a different option. So you have to weigh what makes sense for what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are looking to control the process more, you can use the if, then branching in a workflow to divide the incoming contacts and then round robin assign a rep at that point from within the workflow, again based on their "Territory" property selection on the form.

So it would go something like this:

1. Visitor Completes "Contact" form (that has the "Territory Dropdown" property, required would be nice).
  2. Form Triggers "Assignment" Workflow
  3. Workflow looks at "Territory" Dropdown Property & follows If/Then statements to route to proper sales rep (don't forget to have a default assignment, if you don't require the territory property on the form)
  4. Send Automated Email From Sales Rep with their HS meeting link & heads-up notification/email/task to rep that they have a new assignment

If you are specifically looking to use the Round Robin Meeting Link Feature in Sales Hub, then I am not sure it will get you what you are looking for in terms of territory since it is more about availability.

Hope these options guide you in the right direction to accomplish your goal!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
DAnaGuiloff
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CSCunningham,

I think it would help if we knew how are you defining the Territories, but I will go ahead and make a few assumitions...Your reps don't have any cross-over/1 sales rep per location AND location/territory is something you can pre-define. You have Marketing Pro.

(Disclaimer: A developer could create a more elegant on-page script to display what you are asking for, but I am going to go the DIY route below so you can do it in your own portal without a dev.)

DIY Options (mostly off the top of my head, so you will have to test them out to make sure they do what you want to accomplish)

If you are using postal code or other "free form" property fields then you will want to consider using something that is chosen from a drop down vs. entered by the visitor. It makes it more likely to deliver the right info to the visitor.

If your territories are simple, sure you can use a dependent field on a form to display based on a selection earlier in the form. You will also need to house your Sales Rep Meeting Links in their own Properties to be displayed on the form (be sure to put their meeting link in the label so it is visible). If "Territory" property is X, show dependent field "Sales Rep #1 Meeting Link" (and so on for the remaining territories and reps....).

Keep in mind, the visitor will not be able to click the Meeting Link after it being displayed and submitting the original form itself would be required, so you should have a form submission flow for those that submit so they get their selection in their inbox/on a TY page/inline TY as well. Make use of Smart Content and workflows to deliver this info like you would any other content offer.

That, however, will not stop someone from changing their selection to get a different option. So you have to weigh what makes sense for what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are looking to control the process more, you can use the if, then branching in a workflow to divide the incoming contacts and then round robin assign a rep at that point from within the workflow, again based on their "Territory" property selection on the form.

So it would go something like this:

1. Visitor Completes "Contact" form (that has the "Territory Dropdown" property, required would be nice).
  2. Form Triggers "Assignment" Workflow
  3. Workflow looks at "Territory" Dropdown Property & follows If/Then statements to route to proper sales rep (don't forget to have a default assignment, if you don't require the territory property on the form)
  4. Send Automated Email From Sales Rep with their HS meeting link & heads-up notification/email/task to rep that they have a new assignment

If you are specifically looking to use the Round Robin Meeting Link Feature in Sales Hub, then I am not sure it will get you what you are looking for in terms of territory since it is more about availability.

Hope these options guide you in the right direction to accomplish your goal!

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

We have a similair setup like the initial message you responded to, but we would like to use a workflow that sends an email with a link and says book a meeting (we notice a lot of drop off with that flow). Can we serve a meeting link on the submission of the form? or redirect them to another landing page with that meeting link embedded?

0 Upvotes
DAnaGuiloff

SOLVE

You can absolutely get them the link via email. Just create a conditional workflow based on form submission and use the routing property (zipcode or location or chosen territory) as the if, then else filtration in the workflow. Then as part of that path, create an email with that specific meeting link or send them to a landing page with that meeting link. (add in a resend if not booked in a few days to help with dropoff).

You can get fancy with smart content using lists to display different links if you prefer, but a workflow is simplier and takes less effort to build out and maintain.

As for landing page redirect after form submission, as I mentioned in my original response, a developer can write a script and add it to the form itself to make it more elegant for multiple reps. Here is the knowledgebase article that show you how you can embed the meeting link on any HS page (o...

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @CSCunningham,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have some suggestions.

Hi @warrendavey @DAnaGuiloff @willsmith, would you be able to share your thoughts with @CSCunningham?

Thanks!

Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

RayRoberts
Participant

SOLVE

We also have this issue and the provided work around isn't what we're looking for. We also need to automatically assign sales team dependent upon region the customer is coming in. Use case Customer A is from California and needs to auto assign to rep for that region, which would be great if that could be built into the appointment booking flow similar to what other scheduling platforms currently already offer...

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @RayRoberts 

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !