Sales Hub Tools

Temas2020

Manual forecast category

SOLVE

Hi there,

I'm setting up Sales hub for my company and i saw Manual forecast category with 5 options of dropdown select bellow:

Omit, Pipeline, Best Case, Most Likely, Commit, Closed

I was trying to find what does it means and how to use it to improve our sales effort but i coudn't find any further information from hubspot and from the internet as well. So could you pls help me to answer those questions bellow:

1. The definition of Manual forecast category
  2. The definion of each option: Omit, Pipeline, Best Case, Most Likely, Commit, Closed
  3. How could i use this property to get the best result?

Thanks in advance, ❤️

1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Manual forecast category

SOLVE

Hey @Temas2020,

So I'm a bit unfamiliar with the property as I typically use the automatic forecasting from HubSpot based on win percentages inside of the deal stages themselves.  So you might want to take this with a grain of salt.

HubSpot describes it as so, "By default, manually categorize the likelihood of the deal closing as OmitPipelineBest caseMost likelyCommit, or Closed. This helps you and other users understand the likelihood of the deal closing when forecasting manually."

Since this is a dropdown property and a deal property at that, this is likely meant to be assigned either via automation or manual selection when a deal enters into a stage.  Typically, these are win percentages:

Discovery Call - 10%

Demo Meeting - 40%

Quote Requested - 70%

Quote Signed - 90%

Closed Won - Won

Closed Lost - Lost

What you could do with this instead is something like this with the above stages:

Discovery Call - Omit

Demo Meeting - Pipeline

Quote Requested - Best Case

Quote Signed - Most Likely

Closed Won -  Commit

Closed Lost - Omit

Then you're able to run reports on that property by the amount to see how much money is sitting in each bucket.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Bryantworks
Solution

Manual forecast category

SOLVE

Hey @Temas2020,

So I'm a bit unfamiliar with the property as I typically use the automatic forecasting from HubSpot based on win percentages inside of the deal stages themselves.  So you might want to take this with a grain of salt.

HubSpot describes it as so, "By default, manually categorize the likelihood of the deal closing as OmitPipelineBest caseMost likelyCommit, or Closed. This helps you and other users understand the likelihood of the deal closing when forecasting manually."

Since this is a dropdown property and a deal property at that, this is likely meant to be assigned either via automation or manual selection when a deal enters into a stage.  Typically, these are win percentages:

Discovery Call - 10%

Demo Meeting - 40%

Quote Requested - 70%

Quote Signed - 90%

Closed Won - Won

Closed Lost - Lost

What you could do with this instead is something like this with the above stages:

Discovery Call - Omit

Demo Meeting - Pipeline

Quote Requested - Best Case

Quote Signed - Most Likely

Closed Won -  Commit

Closed Lost - Omit

Then you're able to run reports on that property by the amount to see how much money is sitting in each bucket.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
HubSpotMaster

Manual forecast category

SOLVE

To add to this:

Some companies don't want a weighted average and rely on the Sales Rep to add it to the forecast. That's what these options provide the ability. 

Prior to this, the only forecasting option was using a weighted average approach which works for some but not all sales processes. 

• Omit - It is not counted in the forecast
  • Pipeline - Count it towards the pipeline
  • Best Case - As a rep, this is a gauge of if you can close the deal by the close date. This is the lowest chance of closing this month but I believe there is a chance
  • Most Likely - As a rep, I believe I can close this however acknowledge there may be a roadblock or two I'm working through but anticipate to get through
  • Commit - As a rep, I'm putting my reputation on the line, count this revenue in
  • Closed - Deal is closed

Now instead of just a weighted average forecast, you can provide leadership a forecast for each option to manage expectations of your leadership team.

• Committed 
  • Most Likely 
  • Best Case
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Manual forecast category

SOLVE

Hi @Temas2020,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm going to tag in a few experst to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @Bryantworks @AM8 @MAC-MCB, would you be able to share your thoughts with @Temas2020?

Thanks!

Jess   

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes