Lock Editing on Shared Templates

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have sales reps who like to go off script and edit the templates I share with them. More often than not, they add length without adding value and inject spelling and grammar errors into the message.

I'd like to be able to share a template but lock editing on it so we have some control over the messaging.

3 Replies 3
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

@Blink,

I get your point here, but I'm going to share a concern. By locking the templates there will be no personization for the emails and would likely be too canned. I understand that your reps are adding what sounds like "fluff", but in my opinion I would suggest training those reps on the inbound sales philosophy.

The inbound sales and inbound sales enablement certifications would be a great place to start.

It will likely take some time for them to change and change is hard...but I think driving that home will likely produce better end results than unpersonalized emails.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Regular Contributor

It shouldn't be terribly difficult to allow the templates to be edited by individual users as they send/enroll without the permission to overwrite the original. But allowing any user who has access to a template to edit and overwrite that template inside Sales Tools is a huge problem.

This came up because I had one rep who decided to edit the first template in a sequence that had been performing well for us. He overwrote the original and injected his misspellings, poor grammar, and general disarray into the template/sequence for all other users.

Personalize: Yes!

Overwrite the original: No!

Regular Contributor

I have this problem as well. And unless I have the original content saved elsewhere I've lost it completely since I can see/track versions. 

0 Upvotes