Sales Hub Tools

WiseTrainingOwl
Contributor

Live chat not working anymore

SOLVE

Myself and 2 developers who have their own Hubspot accounts and their own websites on various platforms (not Wix or Wordpress) cannot get the live chat widget to work anymore.

My Hubspot chat widget had been working perfectly since I first installed your script for it in October 2018, but the chat icon stopped appearing on my site sometime between April 9 and 11 at 3:30pm US Central time. I know this because I have a webinar screen recording from April 9 when the chat widget was still there, and April 11 it wasn't there anymore. I havent' seen it since. The chat script is still on my site exactly as it always was, exactly matching the way it appears in Hubspot today, and nothing else has changed about my site at that time.

Regardless, the 2 developers I know have confirmed the problem is not just with my site, my browsers, my computer, or my Hubspot account. Your chat widget script are not working anywhere that we have tried with 3 different Hubspot accounts.

What's going on and how fast can you fix it?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

So the embed seems to be fine.  Can you do the following for me on your live chat?  

Ensure you have the correct tracking code installed:

2.png

Be sure that your availability is properly setup

3.png

Set your chatflow to Website contains wisetrainingowl.com

1.png

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @WiseTrainingOwl 

This sounds like something you might want to contact HubSpot support about either via live chat, a ticket, or calling them directly. 

Have you tried to inspect your site to see if there are any JS conflicts, or that your settings for where the chat should appear haven't changed in the options in HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
WiseTrainingOwl
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the repsonse. I would do that if free accounts included any of those forms support! I'm stuck looking up issues in the knowledgabase or waiting on the community to reply. Smiley Frustrated 

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @WiseTrainingOwl 

Gotcha, did you try my other suggestions?

0 Upvotes
WiseTrainingOwl
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes the developers checked for JS issues on my site (the problem is not just with my site though). No one changed my chat settings on Hubspot, unless HS did. I also looked through all the chat settings, which are in a new interface design, but I don't see anything off.

I originally wrote I confirmed the script is still exactly the same on HS and my site. Altough my developers say the script is not actually written by HS correctly. They also tried writing it the correct way and said it doesn't work that way either.

Can you confirm that the chat widget still works for everyone else? It seems to us that it doesn't work for any HS account on any site because we have tried several combinations and none of them work.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

While I can't confirm that chat is working for everyone else, I can confirm that chat is working for my clients. 

Can you send my your site URLs just so I can do a little bit of testing?  

WiseTrainingOwl
Contributor

SOLVE

Sure, thanks, mine is http://www.wisetrainingowl.com. The chat script is in my site footer code, so the chat used to appear on every page.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

So the embed seems to be fine.  Can you do the following for me on your live chat?  

Ensure you have the correct tracking code installed:

2.png

Be sure that your availability is properly setup

3.png

Set your chatflow to Website contains wisetrainingowl.com

1.png

0 Upvotes
WiseTrainingOwl
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you! I had already done the first two things, but that last step is a new feature that was not in the chat settings before. Mine was automatically set to "is all pages", which I assumed meant it would appear on all pages wherever I inserted the code. Once I set it to my domain name per your screenshoht, chat worked again! You are a savior! 

Now the question is why would Hubspot add a new feature with a preset option that made a formerly working feature no longer work, AND not notify me that feautres had changed or needed my attention to work again? Smiley Mad

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Glad to hear it's working!  I doubt it was intentional, out of curiosity, if you remove that contains condition does the chat go away again? 

I'm wondering if something was just wonky.

WiseTrainingOwl
Contributor

SOLVE

Your wonky haunch is right! I put it back to the previous setting "is all pages", and the chat still works. Smiley Surprised This is the only setting I have changed today. 

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Interesting, seems like it was just a weird glitch.  Glad it's resolved!

0 Upvotes