Sales Hub Tools

NWood95
Mitglied

Limiting meetings to Hubspot contacts only?

lösung

I'm wondering if anyone knows/can figure out a way to limit meeting scheduling to Hubspot contacts only? As the meeting request form automatically creates a new contact if none matches the email address entered by the user, we end up with a lot of duplicate contacts whenever customers mistype their email address. And there doesn't appear to be a 'confirm email address' field option, or any email validation systems, as many webform and scheduling programs have. 

The only workaround I've found thusfar is to setup a Hubspot form (not meeting request form) set to not create a contact for new email address, set the form to auto-populate the email field with a query string, hope the user doesn't edit the email field before submission, and then have the form schedule a meeting with a workflow trigger. Obviously not an ideal setup.

If anyone else has found/can figure out an alternative way around this, that would be fantastic.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @NWood95,

HubSpot forms don't support real-time email address lookup or validation, unfortunately, so there isn't any way to limit submissions to contacts only. HubSpot expects that users can type their email address correctly and a lot of features are relying on that. I can't think of a workaround that's cleaner that what you've already set up.

One useful addition to HubSpot could be a second email field that compares the input from both fields and lets the user know whether there is a typo. Requests like this can be made in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community, monitored by the product team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @NWood95,

HubSpot forms don't support real-time email address lookup or validation, unfortunately, so there isn't any way to limit submissions to contacts only. HubSpot expects that users can type their email address correctly and a lot of features are relying on that. I can't think of a workaround that's cleaner that what you've already set up.

One useful addition to HubSpot could be a second email field that compares the input from both fields and lets the user know whether there is a typo. Requests like this can be made in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community, monitored by the product team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.