Limiting meetings to Hubspot contacts only?

SOLVE
NWood95

I'm wondering if anyone knows/can figure out a way to limit meeting scheduling to Hubspot contacts only? As the meeting request form automatically creates a new contact if none matches the email address entered by the user, we end up with a lot of duplicate contacts whenever customers mistype their email address. And there doesn't appear to be a 'confirm email address' field option, or any email validation systems, as many webform and scheduling programs have. 

The only workaround I've found thusfar is to setup a Hubspot form (not meeting request form) set to not create a contact for new email address, set the form to auto-populate the email field with a query string, hope the user doesn't edit the email field before submission, and then have the form schedule a meeting with a workflow trigger. Obviously not an ideal setup.

If anyone else has found/can figure out an alternative way around this, that would be fantastic.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @NWood95,

HubSpot forms don't support real-time email address lookup or validation, unfortunately, so there isn't any way to limit submissions to contacts only. HubSpot expects that users can type their email address correctly and a lot of features are relying on that. I can't think of a workaround that's cleaner that what you've already set up.

One useful addition to HubSpot could be a second email field that compares the input from both fields and lets the user know whether there is a typo. Requests like this can be made in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community, monitored by the product team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @NWood95,

HubSpot forms don't support real-time email address lookup or validation, unfortunately, so there isn't any way to limit submissions to contacts only. HubSpot expects that users can type their email address correctly and a lot of features are relying on that. I can't think of a workaround that's cleaner that what you've already set up.

One useful addition to HubSpot could be a second email field that compares the input from both fields and lets the user know whether there is a typo. Requests like this can be made in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community, monitored by the product team.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post