Sales Hub Tools

AGarrity10

Lifecycle stage funnel: managing when a contact is interested in more then one business line

SOLVE

Hello,  I am interested in using lifecycle stages to track conversions from MQL to SQL to Opportunity.  However, we often have contacts that could be interested in more then one business line at the same time.   So they could be a Lead for one business line, but an Opportunity for another. 

We are currently tracking conversion rates for opportunities on the deal cards but we do not open a deal for every MQL.  

Does anyone have a suggestion for how can I track lead conversion rates without opening a deal for every lead that comes in?

Thanks

Alana

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Lifecycle stage funnel: managing when a contact is interested in more then one business line

SOLVE

Hi @AGarrity10 

It sounds like you need to create custom lifecycle properties for each business line, so that you can track progress along them independantly. 

I would recommend using workflows to sync the furthest state reached in any custom lifecycle up to HubSpot's defualt one, so that you can still report on the contact's overall relationship with the company - a customer of one business line is still a customer of the company. 

Hope this helps. If not, please provide more information about the states you want to measure conversion rate between.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AGarrity10 

It sounds like you need to create custom lifecycle properties for each business line, so that you can track progress along them independantly. 

I would recommend using workflows to sync the furthest state reached in any custom lifecycle up to HubSpot's defualt one, so that you can still report on the contact's overall relationship with the company - a customer of one business line is still a customer of the company. 

Hope this helps. If not, please provide more information about the states you want to measure conversion rate between.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency