Sales Hub Tools

Neiltc
Participant

Leaving a won quote open

SOLVE

We have many clients that want a quote in January for the year, but for us, the quote converts to a project. How can we leave the quote open and active but still have it create a project?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Leaving a won quote open

SOLVE

Hi @Neiltc,

Could you elaborate more on, how do you define projects and how are they currently created in your portal? (HubSpot's project tool is an internal project management tool, one that's not tied to objects like companies or deals. I'm asking to better understand your query.)

Regarding quotes in general, the status of objects (e.g. companies or deals) or even the projects tool is somewhat independent from the status of a quote. For example, you can change the deal phase manually. You could also design your own automation and quote-based workflows here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Leaving a won quote open

SOLVE

Hi @Neiltc,

Could you elaborate more on, how do you define projects and how are they currently created in your portal? (HubSpot's project tool is an internal project management tool, one that's not tied to objects like companies or deals. I'm asking to better understand your query.)

Regarding quotes in general, the status of objects (e.g. companies or deals) or even the projects tool is somewhat independent from the status of a quote. For example, you can change the deal phase manually. You could also design your own automation and quote-based workflows here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Neiltc
Participant

Leaving a won quote open

SOLVE

Karsten,

Thank you for your reply.  At my company, we follow the deal stages, and when we move a quote to "project won" it triggers an API to create a new project in a software package called QBench.  However, many of our clients want us to keep the quote open all year so what I am looking for is the ability to move a quote to "won" have it create a project then move it back in to the quote open status. I think I will need to wait until my QBench data transfer is fully functional to see how that works.

0 Upvotes