Sales Hub Tools

Fmarketing7
メンバー

Issues with meetings functionality and tracking

解決
My organization is sending emails that include a CTA to directly book a meeting on a Hubspot landing page. We're running into issues, and wondering if anyone else has encountered:
  1. The landing page Hubspot form has the email address for the person we've sent the email to - when what we really need is for that field not to be on the page at all. We already know who we've emailed, and we already know that we want to book the meeting with that same email address.
  2. In the "book a meeting" Hubspot landing page, we suspect a person can replace the email address with a different email address - but we don't want this to be possible (hence, prefer removing the field from the form entirely).
  3. If #2 is correct, then when someone changes the pre-populated email and books the meeting, it doesn't look like HubSpot attaches this new email address to the same contact with the original email address we used.
This makes it difficult, if not impossible to understand who the person is who is booking the meeting, and the activity is missing from the real contact. Has anyone else dealt with this, or are we doing it wrong?
0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
ConnorSlivensky
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner

解決
  1. HubSpot uses the email as the unique identifier so it can tell two John Does apart and as such is needed in forms. You can disable this (the need for email for new contact) but it's STRONGLY advised you don't as then you can have duplicates and partial records. This could help but also opens up a host of potential problems so I wouldn't.
  2. If they enter a different email but keep the name,company or what have you the same HubSpot's built in duplication management might be helpful.
    1. If this workks in yhour circumstance you can merge the activities into one record.
  3. When merging contacts there are ways to deal with multiple emails for a contact, assuming they are giving you good emails.

Hope that was helpful. I think your best bet is the duplication tool.

Good luck.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

StefaniUAT
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @Fmarketing7 ,

There is an easy way to do this for contacts who's email addresses are known and have cookies previously tracked.

Go to the form you are speaking of > Edit > Click the Email property > Click the Logic tab > Under progressive field options, choose "Replace with qeued progressive field" > Done > Update

You don't actually need to add a progressive field at the bottom of the form, as the steps above will simply remove the email address property if HubSpot recognizes that it's known for that contact. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
StefaniUAT
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @Fmarketing7 ,

There is an easy way to do this for contacts who's email addresses are known and have cookies previously tracked.

Go to the form you are speaking of > Edit > Click the Email property > Click the Logic tab > Under progressive field options, choose "Replace with qeued progressive field" > Done > Update

You don't actually need to add a progressive field at the bottom of the form, as the steps above will simply remove the email address property if HubSpot recognizes that it's known for that contact. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
ConnorSlivensky
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner
キーアドバイザー | Elite Partner

解決
  1. HubSpot uses the email as the unique identifier so it can tell two John Does apart and as such is needed in forms. You can disable this (the need for email for new contact) but it's STRONGLY advised you don't as then you can have duplicates and partial records. This could help but also opens up a host of potential problems so I wouldn't.
  2. If they enter a different email but keep the name,company or what have you the same HubSpot's built in duplication management might be helpful.
    1. If this workks in yhour circumstance you can merge the activities into one record.
  3. When merging contacts there are ways to deal with multiple emails for a contact, assuming they are giving you good emails.

Hope that was helpful. I think your best bet is the duplication tool.

Good luck.