Sales Hub Tools

ab
Top Contributor

Issue with adding a phone number in HubSpot CRM and the calling rates (November 2016)

SOLVE

Hello @roisinkirby

We tried to add our phone number in HubSpot CRM and it doesn't let us. In this case our phone number is a mobile one and it's from Slovenia (Europe). Are we doing something wrong? Could you please also elaborate how does the calling from the browser work and how the calling rates are charged?

Thanks for the help! We appreciate it.
0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
ab
Solution
Top Contributor

Issue with adding a phone number in HubSpot CRM and the calling rates (November 2016)

SOLVE

Hello @cstetter and @roisinkirby

Thank you both for the help. Roisin, we tried all options when inputting the phone number.

"If you're able to set up your phone number in Skype so that it's coming from a supported location, then you should be able to register that phone number to use the calling tool."

1. How exactly does this solution works? If we have Austrian phone number then we must create Skype account in Austria and then we can connect Skype or just phone number or both with the Calling tool in HubSpot CRM?

2. Is another solution if we buy Skype number for certain supported country?

"If you call through the browser, we use your computer's internet connection. If you use the call through phone method, it will be using your registered phone, so any phone carrier charges will apply."

3. As a free HubSpot user you are also limited to 15 minutes per month if you call through the browser when it's used computer's internet connection? 

"Upgraded Sales Pro users pay $50 for the Sales Pro suite and have access to 2000 minutes of calling per month as part of that Sales Pro subscription."

4. Could you please send a link of pricing Sales Pro suite

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
cstetter
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ab

Correct! You would sign up through Skype for a phone number from another country. Then you can register this phone number with the Calling tool as your phone number. When you use the Calling tool and call through your browser, you connect directly through the webpage. The phone number that appears to your contacts is the Skype number that you've registered. If you use the Call from Phone method, the Calling tool will call your Skype phone number and then connect you to your contact.

More information on setting this phone number up can be found here. There's a section on that page called How do I set up a Skype Number for another country? Just follow those steps and you should be good to go! 

Free users have 15 minutes of calling per month regardless of the method in which you call your contacts - through your phone, or through the browser. Even if you use the Call from Phone option, you'll still only have 15 minutes total per month. 

Here is a link to the pricing page for the Sales Pro tools. You can click the +Open Features button to expand the different features that come with the Hubspot Sales Pro subscrption. 

Let me know if you need any clarification on any of that!

-Caitlin

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
cstetter
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ab,

We use a third-party calling service for the Calling tool, so we're limited with the countries we can support calling to and from. Here's a full list of countries that we support calling TO and FROM. Slovenia isn't on that list, but I would definitely recommend putting in a request on the Idea forum! That'll go directly to the person in charge of the Calling tool.

If you're able to set up your phone number in Skype so that it's coming from a supported location, then you should be able to register that phone number to use the calling tool. 

As for pricing, there aren't any charges from Hubspot. As a free hubspot sales user, you have access to 15 minutes of calling per month. Upgraded Sales Pro users pay $50 for the Sales Pro suite and have access to 2000 minutes of calling per month as part of that Sales Pro subscription.

If you call through the browser, we use your computer's internet connection. If you use the call through phone method, it will be using your registered phone, so any phone carrier charges will apply.

-Caitlin

ab
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @cstetter and @roisinkirby

Thank you both for the help. Roisin, we tried all options when inputting the phone number.

"If you're able to set up your phone number in Skype so that it's coming from a supported location, then you should be able to register that phone number to use the calling tool."

1. How exactly does this solution works? If we have Austrian phone number then we must create Skype account in Austria and then we can connect Skype or just phone number or both with the Calling tool in HubSpot CRM?

2. Is another solution if we buy Skype number for certain supported country?

"If you call through the browser, we use your computer's internet connection. If you use the call through phone method, it will be using your registered phone, so any phone carrier charges will apply."

3. As a free HubSpot user you are also limited to 15 minutes per month if you call through the browser when it's used computer's internet connection? 

"Upgraded Sales Pro users pay $50 for the Sales Pro suite and have access to 2000 minutes of calling per month as part of that Sales Pro subscription."

4. Could you please send a link of pricing Sales Pro suite

0 Upvotes
cstetter
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ab

Correct! You would sign up through Skype for a phone number from another country. Then you can register this phone number with the Calling tool as your phone number. When you use the Calling tool and call through your browser, you connect directly through the webpage. The phone number that appears to your contacts is the Skype number that you've registered. If you use the Call from Phone method, the Calling tool will call your Skype phone number and then connect you to your contact.

More information on setting this phone number up can be found here. There's a section on that page called How do I set up a Skype Number for another country? Just follow those steps and you should be good to go! 

Free users have 15 minutes of calling per month regardless of the method in which you call your contacts - through your phone, or through the browser. Even if you use the Call from Phone option, you'll still only have 15 minutes total per month. 

Here is a link to the pricing page for the Sales Pro tools. You can click the +Open Features button to expand the different features that come with the Hubspot Sales Pro subscrption. 

Let me know if you need any clarification on any of that!

-Caitlin

AleGor
Participant

SOLVE

Guys, do I get it correctly?

For HubSpot Sales Software certificate one should submit practicum. One of the tasks is to submit Calling. Calling to / from Ukraine is unavailable.

So I can't get a certificate without let's say Skype number of supported country. Right?

Regards,

0 Upvotes
Rachel

SOLVE

Hi Guys,

Just so I’m clear on the telephone charges - If I make a call through the CRM using the phone option (as opposed the through the browser), then my phone carrier will charge me as though I’ve made the call directly from my phone. Is that correct?

Are there any additional charges from Hubspot when I do this?

If not, are there any limits before Hubspot start charging ?

Thanks in advance

R

0 Upvotes
cstetter
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Rachel,

You got it! There are no additional charges from Hubspot when you use the Calling feature. Free users have access to 15 minutes of calling per month - through Call from Browser or through Call from Phone. Once you hit your 15 minutes, you won't be able to make any more calls that month. The minutes reset on the first calendar day of each month. If you need more than 15 minutes of calling per month, you would need to upgrade to the Sales Pro account. We won't automatically charge you for anything, because it isn't possible to go over those 15 minutes. 

The upgraded Sales Pro subscription is $50/user/month and gives you access to a suite of sales enhancement tools. One of the features of the upgraded account is access to 2,000 minues of calling per month. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Caitlin

ab
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @cstetter and @Rachel.

Thanks for the reply.

What if you need more than 2,000 minues of calling per month after you subscribe to Sales Pro subscription? What are then possibilites?

Kind regards

0 Upvotes
cstetter
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @ab,

As of right now, there is a soft limit on the calling minutes for the Sales Pro subscription. This means that we can add more minutes to your account for no additional charge. You would just need to reach out to the support team to request more minutes be added to your account. However, we may implement charges for additional minutes in the future.

There is a hard limit of 15 minutes of calling per month for free users. We cannot add additional minutes; free users must upgrade to get more calling minutes.

-Caitlin

ab
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @cstetter and @roisinkirby!

Important basic question: If we set up the phone number through Skype like you've suggested (for example German phone number) will we be able to call mobiles/landlines to country Slovenia using Calling Tool in HubSpot CRM? (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/calling/what-countries-are-supported-by-calling)

'HubSpot Sales Free' and options below are all inside HubSpot CRM or no?

HubSpot Sales Free:

• Stream of 200 recent opens
  • 5 email templates per portal
  • 5 documents per portal
  • 15 minutes of calling per User per month

Does a user gets notification when (or before) the limit is reached for "Stream of 200 recent opens" or if the limit is reached for any other option??

Kind regards

0 Upvotes
cstetter
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @ab,

The countries on that list are the countries we support calling to and from. So if a country is not listed in that article, you can't make calls to phone numbers from that country. I would definitely recommend submitting Calling support for Slovenia phone numbers as an idea on our idea board!

I see you submitted a question about the Hubspot Sales Free product limits in a separate post, so those questions can be tackled there!

-Caitlin

ab
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @cstetter

Thank you and also thank you @roisinkirby.

Kind regards

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ab could you confirm the country code for Slovenia and exactly how you are inputting the number? E.g. using 00 or +?

0 Upvotes