Sales Hub Tools

McBainKD
Contributor

Issue with Workflows and the "Atleast one associated deal..." criteria..

Hey all,

So I'm looking to build out a workflow that helps automate our Closed: Won deals and moves them into our "Won" column, but I've run into a bit of an issue.

A few of things of note:

• We have two pipelines to track the two streams of our business separately, and more often than not, a customer will have a Deal in each pipeline.
  • We're importing data nightly from one of our analytics softwares that will them trigger this workflow.

The issue:

• So the problem is that when I go to make the Workflow to update the Deal column based on the List I've created, the tag "Atleast one associated deal has..." doesn't allow me to separately tag Deals only in our generic "Sales Pipeline" and will then duplicate the Deal in the secondary pipeline and move that into the "Won" column as well.

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.11.42.png

• I've also tried editing the List to only include Deals from the right pipeline, but unfortunately the filter criteria across the board is Atleast one associated Deal has Pipeline... so it will still pull and duplicate the Deals anyway.

Is there a fix for this? I would love love love to automate this process but I've tried to think of a logic that would allow me to do so, but right now it doesn't look great.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@McBainKD are you building this in the Workflow tool? I'd look at building a simple workflow in the Deals Settings area instead, one for each of the pipelines separately. 

danmoyle_0-1658771256549.png

Once in here, click on "automate" and you can create workflows: 

danmoyle_1-1658771293141.png

Does that help solve what you're looking for? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
McBainKD
Contributor

Hey Dan, I don't think so.
That would be based on entering a certain pipeline, as opposed to the Property changes that would trigger the move into the Closed:Won column.

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

What property change triggers changing the pipeline stage? The pipeline stage is simply a Deal property. So whatever criteria you want to set up, you can change another property value. If simply having an associated deal is the criteria, those deals still have to have an assigned deal stage. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/