Sales Hub Tools

Oxwel
Participant

Is there any way to remove Hubspot Chat from the website?

SOLVE

I have set up the chat to try it, now I want to remove it from our website, but it seems to me it is just impossible! 

The Delete button is inactive and the explanation is that at least one Inbox must be active. But I don't want a live chat on the website! What can I do?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: How to turn off HubSpot Chat?

Short A: Settings->Conversations->Inboxes->Inbox->Chat-> select your Targeted Message

(see image)

hubspot-settings-conversations-inboxes-chat-gif.gif

Longer A:

n/a

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
ACOKAR

SOLVE

why cannot i remove the live chat now? these instructions are OLD. i was thinking of using hubspot for CRM but this is a total turn off. pls tell me how to remove the chat feature. I've removed it in apps and its still there

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: How to turn off HubSpot Chat?

Short A: Settings->Conversations->Inboxes->Inbox->Chat-> select your Targeted Message

(see image)

hubspot-settings-conversations-inboxes-chat-gif.gif

Longer A:

n/a

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
culstreet

SOLVE

I am unable to see this option. All I can see is this. (PFA screenshot)Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 4.15.31 PM.png

stuartpturner

SOLVE

You need to go through to Chatflows and de-activate there (in case you're still having trouble). 

That blue box in your screengrab has the link:

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 3.48.03 pm.png

Sean_Power
Participant

SOLVE

This worked for me, I had to remove the chatflows before the chat box was removed from my site.

0 Upvotes
ausworkshop
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for this, I finally figured it out.  This whole experience with Hubspot seemed great at first but now I just had to get rid of it.  I hate it all. Such a waste of time and brought me nothing but headaches.  Even the type of people who sent me messages were a waste of time.  Just like Facebook messanger. Far too many questions that are all answered on my website if they bothered to read instead of just jumping on chat and taking away my time..  Honestly, I do enough work already for my business 12 hours plus every day,, the customer expects too much from a one man business these days and having a chat popup was just a nightmare to keep up with.  Even turning it off or editing the message and photo I struggled with.  All for what? More tire kickers? No thanks I'm out. If people want to order from me they can do so the same way I've been taking orders for over 15 years now. A simple contact form, then I will reply when I'm able to. Otherwise pickup the phone and call me, simple.

culstreet

SOLVE

I have already deleted the chatflows. 

0 Upvotes
Oxwel
Participant

SOLVE

The solution seems to work, however, I don't get it.

What if I want the chat to be present, but don't want any targeted messages to appear? I mean, let a user decides whether to open the chat and write anything there without any prompts

0 Upvotes
SDanesh

SOLVE

go for Zendesk, they are great, free for one user, and you have a mobile app. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

-- Please see Use Conversations

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes