Sales Hub Tools

Dotty
Participant

Is it possible to share a note with team members?

SOLVE

Dear Community, 

I wonder if it's possible to share a note with my team member?

I can see that we can share document from menu "Sales/Docoments".  But the document if it is in google drive, we can share only presentation or pdf file.  

Thanks in advance

Dotty

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dotty 

Sales > Documents is really for uploading and sharing documents with contacts/prospects. When you upload, the document is copied (from your google drive) to HubSpot so that it can track opens: Upload and share documents 

To share notes, made on contacts, companies or deals, with team members, the best thing to do is @ mention them in the note - this will then notify them: Mention a user in HubSpot 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Dotty 

There is no chat or document sharing functionality within HubSpot, other than attachments and notes (and comments on notes) against the individual objects. 

There are many solutions to this outside of HubSpot, of course, and none of the is one-size-fits-all. There was quite a good discussion about this here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Team-Content-sharing-options/td-p/295977

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Dotty 

Sales > Documents is really for uploading and sharing documents with contacts/prospects. When you upload, the document is copied (from your google drive) to HubSpot so that it can track opens: Upload and share documents 

To share notes, made on contacts, companies or deals, with team members, the best thing to do is @ mention them in the note - this will then notify them: Mention a user in HubSpot 

Hope this helps.

Dotty
Participant

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender Thank you very much for the response.

I would like to find some way to communicate and share material (document) with my team (either by notes or chat ).  Does Hubspot provide any tool for that without having to tie those with Hubspot object?

Thanks in advance,

Dotty  

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Dotty 

There is no chat or document sharing functionality within HubSpot, other than attachments and notes (and comments on notes) against the individual objects. 

There are many solutions to this outside of HubSpot, of course, and none of the is one-size-fits-all. There was quite a good discussion about this here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Team-Content-sharing-options/td-p/295977

Hope this helps.