Sales Hub Tools

SVaupell

Internal Use Form for Sales Process

SOLVE

I am wanting to create a form, to be used by my sales team that can be used over and over again.  It will be internal only and is intended to be used as a opportunity qualification tool (Budget, Need, Authority, etc).  This form will be used for both current customers and prospects, from which we already have the high level info. I.e. Name, URL, Tele, email, etc.  I want them to be able to add additional info that does not exist in HS, in multi line text boxes.  

I am halfway through and have run into the following issues:

It appears as though I cannot auto populate a company name and then auto fill any subsequent contact info into the form.  Is this possible?  I.e Type in XYZ Company and have it auto fill other sections like URL, Address, Industry, Revenue, etc.

It appears that once I drag a field over, I cannot reuse the same field again in the form.  I.e. Phone number.  I want my reps to have multiple contacts listed in the form and therefore multiple phone numbers.  Any other way to do this besides creating a single line text box?

Finally, is there any way to associate the completed form with an already existing in HS company?

Thank you!

Steve

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SVaupell,

In general, HubSpot forms aren't supposed to be used for a process like this – because HubSpot expects forms to be submitted by the contacts themselves.

Form submissions in HubSpot are tied to a unique contact record, this is always a 1:1 relationship. A form is submitted, HubSpot checks if an existing contact record exists for the email address submitted and either updates or creates the record. That's why form fields can't be used multiple times in the same form. HubSpot wouldn't know how to associate one form with multiple contacts.

Regarding your question on autopopulating some fields: HubSpot will only do this when it recognizes a website visitor (cookies) and certain form fields already have values in the CRM – but it's not doing real-time checks while typing. Some of this information doesn't have to be entered though, HubSpot Insights can automatically pull some of the information you mentioned.

If you want to use HubSpot forms for the process that you've described, your sales team would have to submit the form for each contact. You'd also have to make sure that HubSpot is not associating any activity of your sales team with the contact records (by filling out the form in a private/incognito tab, for example). Otherwise HubSpot might associate your sales team's website activity with the records of your timelines. (A pricing page view of a rep could show up on in the timeline of a lead.)

In any case, make sure to select "Always create contact for new email address" and deselect "Pre-populate contact fields with known values" in the form options.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
SVaupell

SOLVE

Thank you so much for the insight and direction.  I really appreciate it.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SVaupell,

In general, HubSpot forms aren't supposed to be used for a process like this – because HubSpot expects forms to be submitted by the contacts themselves.

Form submissions in HubSpot are tied to a unique contact record, this is always a 1:1 relationship. A form is submitted, HubSpot checks if an existing contact record exists for the email address submitted and either updates or creates the record. That's why form fields can't be used multiple times in the same form. HubSpot wouldn't know how to associate one form with multiple contacts.

Regarding your question on autopopulating some fields: HubSpot will only do this when it recognizes a website visitor (cookies) and certain form fields already have values in the CRM – but it's not doing real-time checks while typing. Some of this information doesn't have to be entered though, HubSpot Insights can automatically pull some of the information you mentioned.

If you want to use HubSpot forms for the process that you've described, your sales team would have to submit the form for each contact. You'd also have to make sure that HubSpot is not associating any activity of your sales team with the contact records (by filling out the form in a private/incognito tab, for example). Otherwise HubSpot might associate your sales team's website activity with the records of your timelines. (A pricing page view of a rep could show up on in the timeline of a lead.)

In any case, make sure to select "Always create contact for new email address" and deselect "Pre-populate contact fields with known values" in the form options.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

orkunturkey
Participant

SOLVE

I know it's been a while since you answered this question, but do you know any 3rd party solution for sales rep form filling? It would be perfect if they had a HubSpot integration.