Sales Hub Tools

MArango7
Membre

Internal Email in Automation. Need contact's information

Résolue

CONTEXT:

We are integrarting an ecommerce site with Hubspot. When a customer buys a product in our site, using HS's API, we create a contact, associate a deal and a specific stage.

WHAT WE NEED:

We are creating an automation in HS. When the deal stage is set in HS, we send an internal email to one employee (no problem so far). What we haven't figure out is how to include some basic details about the contact (the person that made the purchase on our online store and who exists in HS as a contact), like their name, last name, email, phone number, etc.

In the internal email interface (for the automation), I haven't found any means to get details about the contact.

Thank you so much!.

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
JuanGomez0818
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hey @MArango7 , Do you know what kind of field association (deal, contact)  is making when sending the info from the webpage? If this info is kept like contact fields, you could check in the email from notifications the option > personalize in there you can select the tokens to send trough email.

JuanGomez0818_0-1668181390610.png

I make a little research and see this: HOW TO: Create your own custom notification emails

maybe is helpul to you. Let me know if works everything. Regards. ✌️

Juan Gómez
Hubspot Consultant | HubSpot Freelancer | Hubspot Solution Provider |

Contáctame aquí

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @MArango7,

You're correct – when creating an internal email notification in a deal workflow, you can only use deal personalization tokens. The reason is likely that a deal might be associated to multiple contacts and HubSpot wouldn't know which values to pull for the email:

karstenkoehler_1-1668190393016.png

If you want to be able to use personalization tokens from a contact, you would have to make this information available on the deal record first, here's an example of what that could look like for First name:

karstenkoehler_2-1668190512182.png

To do this, you need to create the field First name on the deal first.

You would repeat this step / workflow for each field you want to use as a personalization token in your deal notification.

Keep in mind that this information might be overwritten on the deal record when there are multiple contacts associated to the deal.

(If you only need contact personalization tokens, you might be able to create a contact-based workflow. Sometimes this is possible, depending on what exactly should trigger the workflow.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
MArango7
Membre

Résolue

Dear @JuanGomez0818 , @karstenkoehler Thank you so much for your feedback. Both answers were very useful.

@JuanGomez0818, because of time constraints I didn't have the time to investigate the type of association part. I ended up asking the developers to explicitly feed the contact information to the deal (creating deal properties where this info is saved to) as @karstenkoehler suggested. This allowed me to create the emails with the specific information I was looking for.

Thank you both for your help!!!

JuanGomez0818
Conseiller clé

Résolue

It's great to read about you solved your problem. Thanks for letting us know. Regards

Juan Gómez

Contáctame aquí

karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @MArango7,

You're correct – when creating an internal email notification in a deal workflow, you can only use deal personalization tokens. The reason is likely that a deal might be associated to multiple contacts and HubSpot wouldn't know which values to pull for the email:

karstenkoehler_1-1668190393016.png

If you want to be able to use personalization tokens from a contact, you would have to make this information available on the deal record first, here's an example of what that could look like for First name:

karstenkoehler_2-1668190512182.png

To do this, you need to create the field First name on the deal first.

You would repeat this step / workflow for each field you want to use as a personalization token in your deal notification.

Keep in mind that this information might be overwritten on the deal record when there are multiple contacts associated to the deal.

(If you only need contact personalization tokens, you might be able to create a contact-based workflow. Sometimes this is possible, depending on what exactly should trigger the workflow.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MArango7
Membre

Résolue

Dear karsten,

Our process has been adjusted and now I need to implement the solution that you suggested.

Just a little context:
1. From our online store we create contacts in HS when a cusotmer registers.

2. Once they do a purchase we create a deal in HS

3. We then send an internal notification to a team member which should include some of the contact's properties (here's where I'm stuck)

Normally, on our site, the customer registration and their puchase happen in a sequence, with just a very few minutes between those steps).

---

When I do a test transaction however from our online store, I see:
1. The contact is created
2. A deal is created and associated with the contact

3. The team member gets a notification, but none of the cloned properties (from contact to deal) is included (the values show are blanks).

4. I see this error on the workflow that copies the contact's properties: The property couldn't be set because the contact isn't associated with any target records. Which, I suppose, happens because when I create the contact it doesn't have any deals associated yet.

And I'm stuck now. Do you have a suggestion on what to do?

0 Votes
JuanGomez0818
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hey @MArango7 , Do you know what kind of field association (deal, contact)  is making when sending the info from the webpage? If this info is kept like contact fields, you could check in the email from notifications the option > personalize in there you can select the tokens to send trough email.

JuanGomez0818_0-1668181390610.png

I make a little research and see this: HOW TO: Create your own custom notification emails

maybe is helpul to you. Let me know if works everything. Regards. ✌️

Juan Gómez

Contáctame aquí