Integrating 3rd party softphones for calling

Highlighted

I'm trying to find a reliable and robust 3rd party softphone that integrates with Hubspot CRM. I'm using a Plantronics Savy W745 bluetooth headset with the desktop and want a mobile app as well. I've tried several already including Xfinity, Vonage, 8x8, Ring Central, & BriaX.

Looking for a balance between features and low cost since I'm an independent small business owner/operator. I'm currently using Vonage Business as my phone service provider but I can't even register the phone number in Hubspot. The desktop softphone doesn't show Contacts where I can just click to call. 

I've downloaded the AirCall softphone to try it but they can't even keep an appointment to demo their product. Has anybody else used it successfully?

19 Replies 19
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @isims42 as far as I'm aware there are not featured / built integrations for third-party softphones and the HubSpot CRM. You can check out the full list of available integrations for HubSpot here.

Can I ask why you choose not to use HubSpot's own calling tools? Is there a particular reason why they are not a good fit?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It would be amazing to integrate RingCentral and Hubspot!

Think of the incredible marketing value of linking leads to phone calls (Using your actual phone number, not some fake marketing number people get confused about).

Furthermore... this would work for outgoing AND incoming calls.

Vonage is currently doing this with Zoho CRM, so it's definitely possible.

Everytime the phone rings I get a pop up on my computer where I can type notes. If I used Zoho, I could have that call logged with those notes instantly.  That's super simple!!!

This could be huge guys 😄

Thanks for your time.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello HubSpotLove!

That is exactly what kixie.com does! You should check it out and see if you like it.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I was hoping to avoid using forwarding numbers. It gets confusing for some customers and people I work with.  Vonage has a chrome extension that's made to link with Zoho, so it's definitely possible!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Kixie doesn't typically use forwarding numbers - we would replace Vonage entirely. You could port your numbers into our service and make and receive calls as normal.

I mean we *can* use forwarding numbers but that's not how we like to handle it because it can get messy pretty quick. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I was hoping to avoid porting and just have it integrated with my current phone service. I will try kixie out, and if it's really great then we might do it.

I like being able to receive text and MMS messages on my phone number. How much would it cost to add those features?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Let us know how this works.  It would be best to use our native IP phone software (Skype, RingCentral, Cisco, etc.) with some type of API.  Adding another piece of software (and cost) is not a preference. 🙂

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi ERO,

We could use your exisitng IP telephone equipment and replace RingCentral. We are not a free service but we are roughly the same price as RingCentral and use the same backend providers.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Visitor

Very simple reason. None of the options comes close to cost and features a fully featured VOIP service such as callcentric or voip,ms

To us is a dealbreaker, I am probably moving out of Hubspot because of it

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Most softphone providers and switch mfg have API's to their tools.  Ring Central would be a great one to integrate with Hubspot...I wonder if there are any plans to work with their API?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Kixie.com has an integration which works for calling all countries. It's recently completed so weare in the process of adding features and making optimizations. Feel free to give it a try. We are looking forward to getting feedback.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

We've recently released the new Softphone.Pro and it has HubSpot integration feature.

You can see the matching HubSpot lead name on Softphone.Pro incoming call notification window. The HubSpot lead name is clickable, so it takes just 1 click to open the customer page on HubSpot.

You can try the Softphone.Pro 14-days free trial. If you have any other softphone and HubSpot integration requests - we're open for that!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Can you walk me through, how I could use your software to acheive similar functionality to Kixie?

1. Click number in HS to call 
  2. Log call (with recording) against contact and potentially company

From what I've read it seems possible, however I am a little unclear if the call log output function will work with HubSpots API?  https://softphone.pro/en/help/logging-call-in-web-application

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'm sorry, but click-to-call and call logging are not available in that integration. You can see the Hubspot contact or company matching the caller ID on Softphone.Pro and open its page on Hubspot. You can set up integration on Settings - Integration - Hubspot on Softphone.Pro settings window.

You're right, Softphone.Pro can call REST API methods to log calls on custom developed CRM\Helpdesk systems. But it doesn't  do the job, because Hubspot API requires OAuth authorization.

Thanks,

Nikolay

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

How can I get in touch with you directly?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

You can contact us at info@softphone.pro

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hi Nikolay, 

Any news on this front? Being able to have click-to-call and log calls direct on HubSpot would make the integration with Softphone.Pro perfect.

Occasional Contributor

Hey folks,

We've just spent a bunch of time developing out our HubSpot integration with our cloud based phone system, Cradle.

Calls are automatically logged within HubSpot, along with a bunch of other nifty features.

Check us out here!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

If you're looking to connect your mobile phone to Hubspot, record calls on your mobile, add notes, and screen pop on your mobile with Hubspot caller information, check out Productive: https://productive.app 

0 Upvotes