Sales Hub Tools

JuScammacca
Participant

Insert a value property in the quote

Hi there! 
I stumbled upon a weird situation: while creating a new quote template, I tried to personalize it as much as possible using token linked to the deal so that the quote could present some proprieties automatically. 
Since we're an HR company, I needed to include three proprieties specifically: 

• Retainer Fee 
  • Shortlist Fee
  • Placement Fee

I've designed them to only be a value ($), but here comes the weird part: now when the proprierty is 0$ and a salesperson creates a quote from the deal, the proprierty simply doesn't appear in the quote, even though it's filled.
Has someone else experienced the same problem? How did you solve it?

If what I've wrote isn't clear, please don't hesitate to ask questions I would be pleased to answer and try my best to make it clear. 

Thank you so much!

Juliette

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
DAnaGuiloff
Top Contributor | Partner

Thanks for the tag @PamCotton.

If I understand the situation @JuScammacca, it might be a really simple solution.

Did you set the global default value for the property itself when you set up the property itself? 

If not, here's how. Try that and see if it helps.

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 2.44.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 2.43.40 PM.png

If it doesn't help, take a screenshot of the property setup itself (and the result you're seeing of a contact with a blank value), that should help diagnose it further.

  

JuScammacca
Participant

Thank you @PamCotton both for replying and involving @DAnaGuiloff.
I've followed your instruction and it kinda solved the problem for the moment, but I still don't understand why the token I've used doesn't show up in the quote text...
Maybe I can attach you some screenshots so that it will be clearer? But since we're based in Italy and every propriety is set in italian (including the quote text) I'm afraid there could be a problem understanding 🙂 
Let me know!

Anyway, it was so kind of you both to answer my question and try to help me out, so thank you su much! 
Juliette

0 Upvotes
DAnaGuiloff

What made it "kinda" work? Also, go ahead and share those screenshots (maybe include a translation, my Italian is pretty rough 😆). Maybe someone else will have a full solution when they see what you're having an issue with.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @JuScammacca, thank you for reaching out to our Community!

I want to invite to this conversation our top experts @himanshurauthan @DAnaGuiloff any recommendations for the @JuScammacca matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !