Sales Hub Tools

PStruckmann
Participant

Import of Deals And line Items with Contacts associations in one go

SOLVE

Dear All, 

we managed to import a test file with a deal and two associated line items in a multi object , multi file import .  it is nowhere in the documentation or forum made clear how to imnport an associated contact with it at the same time . All three properties cant be selected at the same time during import . I understand that the contacts property is a different layer / dimension in this case , but still its such a fundamental one would expect that it is possible to at least associate it with that Deal in the deal import file, esecially since 99.99% of all deals are associated with only one contact anyway ? 

the background of what we are trying to achieve is :

we would like to import retrospectively previous orders fom our external order system via Manual import and subsequently via Zapier current deals into a different pipeline where we track all orders by customers , and ideally would like these orders to have custom properties for 

a) deals  

1) Product interest multiple check boxes for Type of product or     manufacturer 

we have doe this and the import worked , howeer no idea how to filter this in Contacts e.g. in order to create liss with customer who only order a certain type ofproduct . Also not sure if these canbe included in a sequence or workflow e.g.  addressing a customer by say " we have a very similar new product , similar to the one you purchased in Deal so and so . 

b) Products 

importing products would fine tune this even more , because sometimes customers order different manufascturers or types in the same order . We managed to import line items and with a custom product property called "manufacturer " e.g. we would like to classify those , but again there is nowhere in Deals or customers where we can cross reference this buyer behaviour or filter etc .. this must be of interest to many Hubspot users i would think ? 

Also interesting there would be to address customer , naming the line items of the last order and order date of those in marketing or sales email , is that possible ?

lookingforward to some feedback .

with best regards

Patrick  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@PStruckmann  If I understand the use case correctly I think the following would solve: 

You would essentially need two imports if you were to do this manually, one for Deals + Line items, and another for Contacts + Deals.

1. Deals and Line Items: Import the deals with line items into the CRM as you have already been doing. Once processed do an export of those deals with their Deal ID (Record ID). 

2. Contacts + Deals: Match the Deal IDs to the contacts that need to be imported and upload this as a multi-object import. Import the Record ID as the Record ID - Deals field so it matches the existing records in Hubspot

This should build the association between the deals with line items, and the contacts. 

Things to note when manipulating your data, I would alphabetize the all of excel sheets so that you can just drop the Deal ID data into a new column on the sheet that has the contacts. 

Hope that helps

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@PStruckmann  If I understand the use case correctly I think the following would solve: 

You would essentially need two imports if you were to do this manually, one for Deals + Line items, and another for Contacts + Deals.

1. Deals and Line Items: Import the deals with line items into the CRM as you have already been doing. Once processed do an export of those deals with their Deal ID (Record ID). 

2. Contacts + Deals: Match the Deal IDs to the contacts that need to be imported and upload this as a multi-object import. Import the Record ID as the Record ID - Deals field so it matches the existing records in Hubspot

This should build the association between the deals with line items, and the contacts. 

Things to note when manipulating your data, I would alphabetize the all of excel sheets so that you can just drop the Deal ID data into a new column on the sheet that has the contacts. 

Hope that helps

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8