Sales Hub Tools

kaious
トップ投稿者

Images appearing twice in sales email

解決

I'd like to put a logo in the footer of our sales emails or in the signature when sent from HubSpot, so they match closely to our personal email setup. When I add the logo either through a template, through manually creating an email or by adding it to the signature it looks fine, but then once sent comes through twice in the email. I'm guessing this is because HubSpot is attaching and then embedding the image? Is there any way around this?  (attached screenshot is in Apple Mail)

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 12.18.35 PM.png

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
jennysowyrda
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @kaious,

I have heard back from the team and they have resolved this issue. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thank you,
Jenny

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
9件の返信
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @kaious,

Have you added your signature/the image to the template? If you send the email not through a template in HubSpot, do you experience the same issue? 

Thank you,
Jenny 

0 いいね!
kaious
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda, yes - I had added it to the template. Have just tried again by using no template and creating the email from scratch. Still getting the same result.

Have attached a screen shot of how the email looks in HubSpot, and how it looks in my email client.

The second image is showing up at the very end of the email, so I believe it is something to do with specifically how the attachment is being treated by HubSpot, and how it's interpreted by Apple Mail.

Under normal circumstances, if an image is attached and then embedded within the body of the email by referencing the CID of the attached file, it shouldn't show up at the end of the file.

We have emails that come from our product via mandrill and use attached images embedded in the content of the message in a similar way, but do not have the image showing at the end of the email. I'm trying to see by looking at the source of the HubSpot generated message what the difference is between the two, but can't spot anything obvious as yet...Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 9.16.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 9.15.56 AM.png

jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @kaious,

Thank you for the information!

Apologies for backing up, but do you mind confirming what you have added within the HubSpot profile & preferences section for your signature? If you can send along a screenshot that would be great!

Additionally, can you please confirm the issue occurs in mail clients other than Apple mail? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 いいね!
kaious
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda - thanks for the follow-up. Have attached screenshots of the signature setup. Note, however, that in the test that I previously screen-shotted, I had no signature set and instead used the same content just in the body of the email, got the same results with both.

Re: email clients, I see this in both apple mail and iOS mail, but do not in Gmail webmail. I have not tested further, but based on stats, if it affects people we email using mac and iPhone, it's a big enough problem to be concerned about.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 8.50.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-22 at 8.50.36 AM.png

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @kaious,

Thank you for the information. Would you be able to get an email header from an email that is experiencing this behavior and send it to me (either through here or direct message)? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 いいね!
kaious
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda I've linked the source of the message. Was just having another look at this before sending and I think I've figured out what's going on - see the screen shot below:

As I'm sure you're aware, the conversations email function attaches images to the message by embedding them as base64 encoded data, then referencing them via the name/CID to place them within the contnet of the message (as opposed to referencing an external image on a server like marketing emails do)

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.21.41 AM.png

Normally, email clients will recognise an attached image that has been embeded in the body of the message and not display it with the attachments. 

What I just noticed is that the image name uses the full image name, including the .png extension, wheras the CID reference only uses the image name. When I compared this to an email we send from our own product using the same technique, I noticed that the CID and image name match exactly, and both have no extension provided. I tried sending a test from our software of a message and modified the name property and got the same results - although the image was embedded in the correct place, it also shows at the bottom of the email, as it does with anything sent from HubSpot. 

From what I can see, there is no way to set the name of the image in either the email editor or the signature editor, so it must be something that's auto generated from the file name and therefore would need to be updated on HubSpot's end, but hopefully not something major to fix?

Link to full message source 

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Thank you @kaious! I am going to partner with the team internally and will update you when I have next steps.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @kaious,

I have heard back from the team and they have resolved this issue. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 いいね!
kaious
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda - yep! Can confirm that I ran another test and it's fixed! Thanks so much for the speedy resolution スマイリー ハッピー