Sales Hub Tools

Moneal
Miembro

I get open notifications from myself - how can I stop them?

resolver

Every time I look back at an email I sent a contact from either my mail host app or my browser, I get a notification saying someone opened the email. Is there a way to mute the notifications from myself but still receive notifications when the contact opens them?

3 Soluciones aceptadas
roisinkirby
Solución
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver
roisinkirby
Solución

resolver

Hey @Moneal, thank you for clarifying. 

The instructions linked above are specific to particular settings in Outlook, but for Gmail the action to take is to filter your IP Address.The HubSpot Sales extension has settings that allows you to input any IP address that you do not wish to get notifications for. Full details on how to do this can be found here: How can I block HubSpot Sales notifications from certain IP addresses?

Please note: if your activity is still not being filtered, it is likely that your mobile device, computer, or company uses a dynamic IP address, which means that it consistently changes. You can continue to update the IP address in the Blocked IP Address field.

If you are receiving notifications about your activity when reading email on your mobile device, check out this article to learn how to disable notifications for the HubSpot mobile app on your iPhone.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

jennysowyrda
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @omarespo

The steps outlined in the resource are: 

The current solution is:

1. Navigate to chrome://flags/#network-service
2. Select the dropdown next to the "Enable network service" option, and click "Disabled"
3. Click the "Relaunch Now" button at the bottom of the page.

Once the browser relaunches, self open blocking should continue to work as expected.

The thread was around a specific issue that has since been resolved. 

Thank you for letting me know :). I've removed the link to avoid future confusion!

Thank you,
Jenny

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
43 Respuestas 43
jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @cjtripnewton,

For the most up to date instructions, can you please review the steps outlined here

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
Brucey
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi Jenny,

The instructions in the link you provided address self-open issues in Outlook add-in and Gmail extension, but provide a separate link for Office 365 add-in issues. Problem is, this separate page doesn't seem to address self-open issues. Just general troubleshooting for the O365 add-in.

Is there any other info available for O365?

Or if not is the best solution perhaps to block IP addresses, per this other Knowledge Base article?

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave @ Brucey | Industrial Marketing
0 Me gusta
slloydev
Participante

resolver

Hi Jenny,

You mention "The thread was around a specific issue that has since been resolved. "

I am still having this issue, what was the permanent fix? It does not appear to be working for me. Your feedback/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

0 Me gusta
marcomari
Participante

resolver

I have the same problem using Outlook, but I think I have done somethign wrong in the setting. Infact, when I send an email, the address '4480237@bcc.hubspot.com' goes automatically in to the CC and the BCC. I would like it to go only in the BCC.

How do I correct that in the settings?

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @marcomari

Is the address only populating in the bcc and cc addresses when you click the "log" button in your Outlook address? 

The more screenshots, details and information you can share, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
omarespo
Participante

resolver

Fantastic, thank you! 

0 Me gusta
omarespo
Participante

resolver
I can’t seem to open your linked thread. I get a message that says it’s a private resource. Thanks!
0 Me gusta
Rustylegs
Miembro

resolver

Bacause mobile devices always are dynamic IP addresss that defeats IP filtering of my own mobile.  A work around if one could see more data in the notification log to discern its likely origin;  like location, device type, MAC address, browser ID, etc.   Does the :bcc: link source this info ?  

Also, If I copy a 'link' in one of my tracked emails, and paste it into another email, does that link cause a "Clickled" notification in the original email recipent activity log?

0 Me gusta
bbianchet
Participante

resolver

Same problem with gmail, will try with IP filtering even if it's not the best solution...

0 Me gusta
ColdAsWynter
Miembro

resolver

Ok so the "How can I block HubSpot Sales notifications from certain IP addresses?" is extremely helpful if your IP address stays the same all the time which in this day in age is a ridiculous theory as most of us are working remotely half the time. 

I found that there isn't a real option to permanently mute my own address from being tracked when I open it myself. 

What I do instead is ignore/dismiss my own tracked opens using the Activity Feed or the HubSpot Sales extension (for Chrome) by simply checking to see where it was opened. 

for example, if I see that it was opened from Markham, Canada then I know that was just me. if I see it was opened from New Jersey, United States for example,  I know that was my client. 

The only problem with this method is that when looking at a company/contact/deal and click the tracked details, it doesn't show where that open happened. If that can be updated in HubSpot, I'd be very happy 🙂

roisinkirby
Solución

resolver

Hey @Moneal are you using the Outlook or Gmail integration? Here are some knowledge articles to help you:

How to stop HubSpot Sales self-open notifications in Outlook

How to edit and utilize User Notifications in the CRM

How do HubSpot Sales notifications work?

LiquoriceDarren
Miembro

resolver

These resources don't work for Mac users

Please can you advise how to resolve this as it is super frustrating and feels like it should be. abasic config setting not a convaluted per browser / application solution

0 Me gusta
procareportal
Participante

resolver

You are not alone folks- My biggest issue with Hubspot is getting self notifications in when using gmail in chrome.  Please look into a solution!

Jiji
Miembro

resolver
Still seems to be happening. This is incredibly useless to me now!
0 Me gusta
Moneal
Miembro

resolver

I'm using the gmail extension, so that first article would be perfect if there was a gmail version of it!

roisinkirby
Solución

resolver

Hey @Moneal, thank you for clarifying. 

The instructions linked above are specific to particular settings in Outlook, but for Gmail the action to take is to filter your IP Address.The HubSpot Sales extension has settings that allows you to input any IP address that you do not wish to get notifications for. Full details on how to do this can be found here: How can I block HubSpot Sales notifications from certain IP addresses?

Please note: if your activity is still not being filtered, it is likely that your mobile device, computer, or company uses a dynamic IP address, which means that it consistently changes. You can continue to update the IP address in the Blocked IP Address field.

If you are receiving notifications about your activity when reading email on your mobile device, check out this article to learn how to disable notifications for the HubSpot mobile app on your iPhone.

zlorine
Miembro

resolver

hi @roisinkirby, so, are you implying that is no way to avoid this behaviour if you use a dynamic IP unless you change it? Mot IP in Spain where we work from change on daily basis, is there any plan to develop ways to get around this issue?

0 Me gusta
Joe-innventx
Participante

resolver

What about Outlook for MAC?  There seems to be no Sidekick for that...

Thanks!

Joe

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @Joe-innventx at this time HubSpot Sales does not support Outlook for Mac, but this feature request is on the roadmap. You can track the idea here: HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users

0 Me gusta
norbertoyoan
Participante

resolver

Hi!

It's important no to track self open. When I follow a lead in my crm it is confusing.

This post says... This is useful for:

1. Blocking your own computers or mobile devices (work, laptop, etc.)
  2. Blocking specific people's IP addresses
  3. Avoiding getting notifications when your colleagues open your emails

I'm specifically interested in item 1 but it's not true. It is not a solution to block an ip. There are a lot of ips, and it is dinamical.

Is there a way to do something like this?

taf
Colaborador

resolver

This needs a solution for gmail users with dynamic IP addresses (which is an awful lot of us!)