Sales Hub Tools

Moneal

I get open notifications from myself - how can I stop them?

SOLVE

Every time I look back at an email I sent a contact from either my mail host app or my browser, I get a notification saying someone opened the email. Is there a way to mute the notifications from myself but still receive notifications when the contact opens them?

3 Accepted solutions
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Moneal, thank you for clarifying. 

The instructions linked above are specific to particular settings in Outlook, but for Gmail the action to take is to filter your IP Address.The HubSpot Sales extension has settings that allows you to input any IP address that you do not wish to get notifications for. Full details on how to do this can be found here: How can I block HubSpot Sales notifications from certain IP addresses?

Please note: if your activity is still not being filtered, it is likely that your mobile device, computer, or company uses a dynamic IP address, which means that it consistently changes. You can continue to update the IP address in the Blocked IP Address field.

If you are receiving notifications about your activity when reading email on your mobile device, check out this article to learn how to disable notifications for the HubSpot mobile app on your iPhone.

View solution in original post

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @omarespo

The steps outlined in the resource are: 

The current solution is:

1. Navigate to chrome://flags/#network-service
2. Select the dropdown next to the "Enable network service" option, and click "Disabled"
3. Click the "Relaunch Now" button at the bottom of the page.

Once the browser relaunches, self open blocking should continue to work as expected.

The thread was around a specific issue that has since been resolved. 

Thank you for letting me know :). I've removed the link to avoid future confusion!

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
43 Replies 43
ccurtisj

SOLVE

Any plans for more rebust support using the extension to prevent self-open noifications (a la Yesware)?

IP filtering is a pain, and doesn't work if you're frequently working from multiple locations.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ccurtisj I'm not currently aware of Product's Plans, but you can search for updates or post for direct feedback here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

0 Upvotes