Sales Hub Tools

AhirzalGreenit

I cant find who opened my emails

SOLVE

Hey on my notifications I cant tell who opened my email all it says is "Someone"  how can I know who opened my emails

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @AhirzalGreenit

HubSpot Sales is designed to track emails sent to individual email addresses. If you send to multiple addresses (including CC and BCC) then you will likely see a Someone notification instead of a specific recipient. This can also happen if the individual recipient you sent a tracked email to forwards your email to other contacts.

While HubSpot Sales attempts to gather specific recipient information, we cannot always determine exactly who opened the message. For this reason, we only present information that we are confident is accurate.

HubSpot Sales tracks emails by placing an invisible, 1 pixel image inside the message. When the email is opened, the image loads, and HubSpot Sales notifies you that the email was received. When you send an email to multiple recipients, they all receive the same tracking image. HubSpot Sales will still notify you every time the email is opened, but it won't be able to determine exactly which recipient opened the email.

If you'd like the most accurate tracking possible and hope to avoid "Someone" notifications as much as possible, the best course of action is to send your email to individual contacts instead of multiple contacts. It's worth noting that this won't prevent users from forwarding your email to others, meaning you may still see some "Someone" notifications.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BenBen

SOLVE

Is there a place where I can see a list of the people who opened my individual sales emails? I get a notification in my browser, but would love to see it in HubSpot as well to check at a later point. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BenBen,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

I understand that you would like to see a list of people who have opened your individual sales emails. After investigating I found a solution from an expert: @sttang in a similar case.

How to track 1-1 emails

I hope this helps clarify!

Best regards,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @AhirzalGreenit

HubSpot Sales is designed to track emails sent to individual email addresses. If you send to multiple addresses (including CC and BCC) then you will likely see a Someone notification instead of a specific recipient. This can also happen if the individual recipient you sent a tracked email to forwards your email to other contacts.

While HubSpot Sales attempts to gather specific recipient information, we cannot always determine exactly who opened the message. For this reason, we only present information that we are confident is accurate.

HubSpot Sales tracks emails by placing an invisible, 1 pixel image inside the message. When the email is opened, the image loads, and HubSpot Sales notifies you that the email was received. When you send an email to multiple recipients, they all receive the same tracking image. HubSpot Sales will still notify you every time the email is opened, but it won't be able to determine exactly which recipient opened the email.

If you'd like the most accurate tracking possible and hope to avoid "Someone" notifications as much as possible, the best course of action is to send your email to individual contacts instead of multiple contacts. It's worth noting that this won't prevent users from forwarding your email to others, meaning you may still see some "Someone" notifications.

dangphuoctu
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for explaination, sharing and support.

0 Upvotes