I can't delete my meeting link

PaulRBerg
Contributor

So I created a meeting link a while ago and now I want to delete it to get a new link (I'm on the free plan).

But I couldn't find a button for deleting my meeting link anywhere. Its id is "hello717" - could you please let me know how could I get rid of it?

Thanks,
Paul

13 Replies 13
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @PaulRBerg 

U cant delete default meeting (link marked as default). To delete this link, u must create one other meetings link and change the default link in settings. Look:

meetings-2.PNG

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best Regards! 🙂

PaulRBerg
Contributor

But I can't create a new link because I'm on the free plan.

Could someone from the support team delete it for me please? Or, at least, change the id to something more appropiate, like "paulrberg"?

If you can only create the link once and the id can't even be changed, this feature is worthless. I'll have to go with Calendly, even if it'd be nice to use HubSpot for all customer interactions.

DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @PaulRBerg ,

U can change URL of you meeting. Look:

1) Even if you only have 1 link. Click on this settings option.

meetings-2.PNG

2) U can change URL here.

change-url.PNG

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! 🙂

0 Upvotes
PaulRBerg
Contributor

I can't do any of these things, because I am NOT on a paid plan.

Can you confirm that I have to upgrade (1) to be able to delete my current meeting link and (2) create additional meeting links?

Capture d’écran 2019-12-09 à 20.59.57.pngCapture d’écran 2019-12-09 à 21.00.29.png

0 Upvotes
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @PaulRBerg ,

I can't tell you about free account permissions. But if you can create 1 link in meetings on the free account, why couldn't you edit it?

Best regards!

0 Upvotes
PaulRBerg
Contributor

"why couldn't you edit it?"

I can edit it, the issue is that I cannot delete it.

0 Upvotes
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

So if you can edit, just change the link and the content and don't disclose the link to anyone. Problem solved!

I commented above that you can't change the link / URL, you comment that can edit, and now cant edit for same thing. Either you can change the URL link or not. If you can't, wait for new contributors.

0 Upvotes
PaulRBerg
Contributor

I can edit the settings of a meeting link, I cannot edit the URL, which what my original question was about.

0 Upvotes
OliviaRoberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @PaulRBerg

With a free plan, it is not possible to delete a meetings link or change the URL of the meetings link once a link has been created. Our team is aware that this would be a valuable feature to have, but currently this is working as expected. 

All the best, 

Olivia 

Nineteen80five

Hi I'd also like to chime in. I originally started a Hubspot account under an email that I changed later. But, Hubspot grabbed my username from that original email. I didn't realize my username would end up as my meeting link. 

I tried to disconnect completely from gcal, hoping it would also delete that link. But, of course, it didn't lol. I agree with the OP that it's a little frustrating. I'd rather have the brand of my agency in the url rather than my personal name.

Thanks!

Kreate1
Participant

When you have created a meeting link with your Google Calendar, having a free plan, the only way to delete the Default meeting link is to disconnect your Google Claendar from Hubspot. That will clear out every meeting form or meeting links, whatever you want to call it, associated with your Google Claendar Acct.

Follow this option here too: for explanation 

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @Kreate1 

Thank you for sharing this Community post!

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
user47593

Sadly this isn't possible. It is bizarre but your only option is to delete your hubspot account which is what we'll be doing shortly.