Hubspot WP addons & Cookie Free Domains

Regular Contributor

In order to ultimately setup a CND environment for my company, I need to setup a Cookie Free Domain (CFD), this task itself is easy enough and took only a few minutes.

I cleared the cookies from my computer and test eh site using yslow http://yslow.org/. It kept telling me that the site is NOT setup to be cookie free domain. To read more about CFD, please see

https://www.keycdn.com/support/how-to-use-cookie-free-domains/

After grabbing chrome plugin “Cookie Inspector”, I found out that the reason why, our setup is not correctly configured is because of the Hubspot cookies are improperly configured

hubspot.png

You can see from above that the Hubspot, incorrectly set the cookie to be garthian.com instead of www.garthian.com because of this it is not possible to setup CFD.

The two hubspot pluging that I have are HubSpot Marketing Free (formerly Leadin) and                HubSpot Tracking Code for WordPress

How can I adjust hubspot to fix its cookie to be www.garthian.com ?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @GarthMJ I can confirm this cookie is correct. What the token is your domain: garthian.com the www. is not required. 

If you are using HubSpot tools you will be unable to set up a cookie free domain as these tools depend on cookie tracking to function. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

So @roisinkirby what you are confirming is that the Cookie is set incorrectly. The WWW is required for the Cookie it to be correctly configured. 

Just to be clear this issue isn't that there is a cookie. The issue is that the hubspot cookie is incorrectly configured.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Garth, did you ever have a response on this?  I'm having a similar issue.  

Hubspot??

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Nope.

It all come back to SEO and the understanding of it.  SEO is still as black art type of thing and even Hubspot current SEO tool conflicts with other SEO tools. aka should a page's meta desciption be more than 155 characters long? HS SEO say no, but Yoast says yes. So which is right? Both kind of. 

To come back to this question, in a nushell, the HS cookie is being lazy as if your don't have the www on the cookie, it applies to all sub domains (aka more time), where as if you have www on the cookie it would only apply to that sub domain (aka less time). 

Coming back to the black art of SEO. At the end of the day, IMO, the only thing that matters is if Google PageSpeed give you a good score for BOTH Mobile and Desktop. 

0 Upvotes