Hubspot Call Function

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi all we are upgrading to the sales Pro version but we have an issue with the call function.

When doing sales calls we use a voip number which then allows us to call for free. The problem with this is that hubspot won't recognise when i enter the number after calling voip.

What way can I get hubspot to recognise the number after calling voip?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Supaduman

It may be that you VOIP syste conficts with HubSpot & Twilio.

HubSpot uses a third-party service, Twilio, to host the Sales Call Queue. There are some VOIP systems, e.g. Aircall, that are not supported by Twilio. If you think this could be affecting your ability to use HubSpot, pleae consult with your IT team (if possible) and send me details of the VOIP system you are using. I'll see what I can find out on HubSpot's side  - thanks!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi I think we are currently using uber calls. The service allows us to call into a number and then call from that particular number. 

The main thing is we want to be able to track our calls and record them

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Supaduman  Is it possible to use your cell or office number?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry for the late reply. We currently use our mobiles and landlines to call into that number. It's very cheap for us in comparison to spending 5-6k per month on phone calls as most of our clients are abroad.

Is there a solution for this?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Doesn't look like it. Can you reach out to Uber calls and see if they have limitations with Twillio?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

What was the main reason for removing Twilio from Sales Calling and Mobile app? VoIP compatability with other systems? The way calling works now acts like regular Twilio Programmable Voice (click to call a contact, Twilio dials out to both parties, Twilio joins them together). 

Thanks,

Mark

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @mholloway,

@vishnu from our product team spoke about this decision on this thread. I would recommend reading through that thread, and adding your thoughts there. 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes