Sales Hub Tools

Dalton
Participant

HubSpot Mobile App - Business Card Scanner options

SOLVE

The business card scanner is a great feature in the HubSpot app, espeically when our team is at events. However you cannot add additonal details that you want after scanning the business card. 

For example, if I scan a business card at an event I may want to direct this lead to our consumer or B2B teams however there is no option to pull in additonal contact properties only what is available on the card once saved. This would allow these leads to get pulled into the dedicated workflow based on this property instead of going back into the contact and then manually updating the contact type. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dalton. Quick thought - I'd add your feature requests to the Ideas Forum. HubSpot product teams keep an eye on those. 

As for how to manage the contacts once you input them with the scanner, we can edit them once they're in and change properties and add them to lists. It may not be super fluid on mobile, but I've used the app to change properties. For example, if you plan ahead of time you could create an active list where the criteria is "added these dates by this user" so that anyone you add during an event gets put into a list. Then this list could trigger the workflow. Hopefully that helps spark an idea or two for you. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Dalton. Quick thought - I'd add your feature requests to the Ideas Forum. HubSpot product teams keep an eye on those. 

As for how to manage the contacts once you input them with the scanner, we can edit them once they're in and change properties and add them to lists. It may not be super fluid on mobile, but I've used the app to change properties. For example, if you plan ahead of time you could create an active list where the criteria is "added these dates by this user" so that anyone you add during an event gets put into a list. Then this list could trigger the workflow. Hopefully that helps spark an idea or two for you. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/