Sales Hub Tools

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE
 If I am adding information into the CRM which did not appear in insights, I am hoping the information would be used for the next person.  

For example, if the street address for my prospect/customer  HubSpot comes up as 1 First Street when we know the actual location is 25 First Street and we make the change, how are insights effected?

While privacy is important, certain things are public information. Where is the line?

Or, how can we the users help HubSpot Insights information update?

Additionally, there has been chatter about the insights only working once and then not updating or changing. If Hubspot changes its domain from Hubspot.com to HubSpotAcademy.com and a user changes the domain, insights are not updated.  Or if the domain needs to change due to country location, nothing is updated. Please explain the rationale behind this?
1 Accepted solution
KyleJepson
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Hello! Let me take this in parts:

If I am adding information into the CRM which did not appear in insights, I am hoping the information would be used for the next person.

It does not. For privacy reasons, we don’t take the data put in by our customers for insights. In theory we could try and use some data from customers and not others, but that is far too risky and would be more problematic than anything else. Among many, one easy problem to think of is: what if someone changes HubSpot’s address to Iceland in their CRM? While most of our customers are not malicious, we don’t want to make it easy for malice of one customer to affect others.

If you ever notice that any data is incorrect, contact our support team. They have the ability to manually update information in our database.

Additionally, there has been chatter about the insights only working once and then not updating or changing. If Hubspot changes its domain from Hubspot.com to HubSpotAcademy.com and a user changes the domain, insights are not updated. Or if the domain needs to change due to country location, nothing is updated. Please explain the rationale behind this?

The data populated by insights is updated when the backing data store’s data updates. If the data updates in our system, those changes will be propagated to the CRM--and we know this happens because we get complaints about it occasionally 🙂

It’s also worth noting that if a customer changes a field for a given company in their CRM, that field for that company will never be updated by insights again, because we assume that the customer knows that they are doing and that they have the correct information relevant to their portal.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17
FPereira0
Contributor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Hi everyone. Please, can you help me? I am succesfully importing data from another database (RD STATION) into Hubspot. But I need to import some data that is not present on the default list of fields that Hubspot insigths is capable to manage. IS there anyway to manually instruct the Hubspot Insights to get the missing field from the external database? In my case, the field name is CNPJ. I manually inserted a field with the same name into Hubspot Company data field list, but the data is not imported.

0 Upvotes
mtruss
Contributor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

@gelflex-cc / @Kkrogsgaard / @PamCotton / @ChrisLuce 

In case you're also inhappy with invalid enriched data from Insight, please consider voting for this idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/HubSpot-Insights-Database-enriches-wrong-information-city-state...

It would be a huge help to have good data for european companies & contacts. Already talked with @KyleJepson about this.

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Hello! Let me take this in parts:

It does not. For privacy reasons, we don’t take the data put in by our customers for insights. In theory we could try and use some data from customers and not others, but that is far too risky and would be more problematic than anything else. Among many, one easy problem to think of is: what if someone changes HubSpot’s address to Iceland in their CRM? While most of our customers are not malicious, we don’t want to make it easy for malice of one customer to affect others.

If you ever notice that any data is incorrect, contact our support team. They have the ability to manually update information in our database.

Additionally, there has been chatter about the insights only working once and then not updating or changing. If Hubspot changes its domain from Hubspot.com to HubSpotAcademy.com and a user changes the domain, insights are not updated. Or if the domain needs to change due to country location, nothing is updated. Please explain the rationale behind this?

The data populated by insights is updated when the backing data store’s data updates. If the data updates in our system, those changes will be propagated to the CRM--and we know this happens because we get complaints about it occasionally 🙂

It’s also worth noting that if a customer changes a field for a given company in their CRM, that field for that company will never be updated by insights again, because we assume that the customer knows that they are doing and that they have the correct information relevant to their portal.

I hope this helps!

Pavel_Sodomka
Participant

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

We imported data into Hubspot...If I add a URL I would expect to get data from Hubspot Insights...I can get them only when creating completely new companies...

Thanks

Pavel

0 Upvotes
meO

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

@KyleJepson  related to this last question about adding companies with an Import.

Is it possible to trigger a review of Company data by Insights to be able to add the company image and any missing data that is not part of the Import upload?

So if we are adding a number of companies with a data import (from .xls), is there a particular field/Property that we should include – or leave empty - that would help to trigger a review of the company by the Insights data?

It would be helpful to have Insights add missing data and add the company logo – as Insights does when you are manually entering data.

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Hi @meO ,

Company insights will be added to imported records as long as they have a website domain on them. The domain is what our system uses to search public records for the information, so that's required in order for insights to be populated.

Let me know if this helps!

Kyle

0 Upvotes
Wil1

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Is there a Hubspot insights field for Instagram?

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

As far as I know, there isn't.

0 Upvotes
Kkrogsgaard
Participant

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Please make a change log of what change Hubspot Insights has made to my databases and please, please, please don't activate the feature when you update stuff on your backend.

0 Upvotes
meO

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

@KyleJepson Well we have run a number of imports of new Companies/Contacts over this last week, but they don't seem to be picking up additional Insights info – like the company logo from the website.

All of these do includ a Web Domain in the import info.

So it just seems that Insights is not triggering for those that are imported with much of the info already included in the import file.

I was just wondering if there was a way to trigger an Insights update for the other missing fields/properties.

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

@meO - I don't know of a way to manually trigger the insights. It sounds like you might need someone more technical than me to dig into this with you. @jennysowyrda - any suggestions?

@gelflex-cc - Yes, in general it is always best to include a domain name, since that how our system matches records to the information in the databases.

0 Upvotes
MRathnayake

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Hi @KyleJepson -  

I’m looking for a solution where I need to get the company insight details by domain name, without creating company records in the Hubspot instance. Is there a way that I can access company insights straightly through an API?

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Madushi

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Hi @meO,

Importing information with the domain should be enough to prompt the insights to pull in. If you have a scenario where the insights are being pulled in for the same company in a different portal and you aren't able to get it triggered for the company in one portal, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ChrisLuce

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

We've been going through and cleaning up the company records already in our hubspot instance.  Often we either: 1) add a company domain to an existing record or 2) update a domain due to changes, mergers, acquisitions.   Will both of those actions cause Hubspot Insights to populate on those records?   

Final question...for company records that do not have Hubspot Insights on them, what can we do to the records to get Insights added?  

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

Hey @ChrisLuce 

Looks like that Company insights will be triggered If you add or import a company with a company domain name, data will be pulled from HubSpot Insights to update the company record. 

My suggestion for you to update the company that does not have HubSpot insights would be removing the company and adding back again or importing the company

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

@KyleJepson  Hi Kyle. Just a thought..If I want insights then is it better to import in the domain name when is it not originally known so those insights will appear?

Thanks.

Chris

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

HubSpot Insights

SOLVE

@KyleJepson Thank you.

0 Upvotes