Sales Hub Tools

GiovanniCunico

How you know if a Document has been downloaded by a Contact?

SOLVE

I noticed that the download of a Document is not tracked on the reports. I suppose that some Contacts could just download the Document you shared with them, and it would be very interesting to know if they choosed the "download" button in the Document viewer.

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GiovanniCunico,

At this time it is not possible to see if someone downloaded the plan, only that they opened and viewed (as well as respective pages). 

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
JSaul2

SOLVE

How is this not supported?

If the user has our HS tracking cookie, just record it as a contact activity.

This seems obvious to anyone in marketing, why is it not supported?

Vishesh_Singhal
Participant

SOLVE

We have recently designed CloudFiles as an enhancement over HubSpot documents that lets you track engagement on your files. You can know total analytics, views, downloads, page-by-page views and do ID validation to secure your documents. Moreover, you can do this all from your CRM in the context of deals/company/contacts. If you would like to know more, you can try out the app from HubSpot Marketplace.

0 Upvotes
GaryTesta
Contributor

SOLVE

I full agree, you would think that HubSpot could at least report on document activities and enable us to use them as  an enrollment trigger and provide updated information on what documents a contact has accessed.  They already host the documents!

Common HubSpot surprise us and fix this issue!

Jfaz777
Participant

SOLVE

I agree, seems crazy you don't have a way to tell me if a contact downloaded a document.  If the document itself is being downloaded from hubspot and there is clearly a download button, how can you not tell me who clicked it? 

br234
Participant

SOLVE

Completely agree. This is a mad setup. 

dgoodmanson
Participant

SOLVE

How is this not a feature, this is a must add element.  Can't they track how many people click on the download link?

Kathakatinka

SOLVE

I fully agree. This seems like a feasbile feature that would make our life much easier. Hubspot contains a lot of business relevant data and it would help tremendously to be centrally able to say what has been downloaded by whom

Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GiovanniCunico,

At this time it is not possible to see if someone downloaded the plan, only that they opened and viewed (as well as respective pages). 

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

RoSharma
Participant

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot team/Joshh - how is this resolved?

This is such a simple and critical requirement.  How about:

1) offer ability to disable pdf download

2) password protect downloadable pdfs automatically from within hubspot with a unique password or registration for every viewer of that document.

Basically, once you have sent it out a document once, it can be downloaded and sent to the whole world without you knowing.  Makes the function very limited in value.

Can we prioritise this?

Thanks!