How to test with dummy creditcard number with Stripe???

haalcala

Hi, I'm using a test account and connected my Stripe account.  However, it's not able to go through.

image.png

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Bryantworks
Key Advisor

Hey @haalcala 

The error message shows what's happening, you've used a test card but your Stripe environment is set to live.  You'd have to reset your Stripe environment to testing for the card to work.  

If the test card works via the test environment, you shouldn't have an issue with a real card in the live Stripe environment.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
0 Upvotes
haalcala

Hi @Bryantworks ,

Thanks for your reply. 

Do you have any suggestion on how to set the default environment in Stripe to test mode?  There's a toggle in Stripe to see the produciton and development(test) api keys, but this is only for viewing.  In some parts, I can toggle it to test in a development mode, but only for that instance.  In fact, I can open different browser tabs for different environment.  That means, it's simultaneously in effect.

I actually contacted Stripe support and they asked me to contact HubSpot to somehow switch the api key.  And there's nothing to configure any API when adding Stripe connection in HubSpot 'integration' section.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Key Advisor

Hey @haalcala 

For me there was just a setting on my Stripe dashboard in the API keys.  It sounds like you're still using your test API keys.  Toggle the switch which I've shown below and use those API keys instead:

Test Stripe.png

0 Upvotes
haalcala

Hi@Bryantworks ,

I really appreciate your time, but did you try creating a 'quote' in HubSpot, and at the end of the create quote steps, there's a link to make payment where you can enter the test creditcard number?  This is the part where HubSpot talks to Stripe, and Stripe says 'oh, you silly, don't pass me a test data while using a production key' (sort of). 

NOTE: I actually tried using my creditcard number and got charged just to test it works.  So, the question really is that how to make HubSpot use a different (test) api key when it talks to Stripe.

That screenshot is a Stripe UI.  I have no problems with the test mode.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Key Advisor

Hey @haalcala 

Gotcha, I thought you were integrating a stripe form on just a random landing page, wasn't aware it was within the Quotes tool.  Let me take a look!

After trying the following, I still couldn't get HubSpot to test via test keys:

1. Connected Stripe when Stripe wasn't in test mode
  2. Sent quote
  3. Set Stripe to test mode
  4. Sent new quote
  5. The card was declined as it was a test card

1. Disconnected Stripe
  2. Set Stripe to test mode
  3. Reconnected Stripe
  4. Tested old quotes (The card was declined as it was a test card)
  5. Test new quotes (The card was declined as it was a test card)

Seems like HubSpot always uses live api keys with the integration, I think you have to contact support (like Stripe support suggested) to change out the API keys.

0 Upvotes
haalcala

Hi  @Bryantworks ,

I'm really so if wasn't that clear at first.

So, how do go from here? I actually landed here because the chat bot pointed me here for help. Is there some place where we can create (bug)ticket?

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Key Advisor

Hey @haalcala 

Since you have access to the quotes tool you should have a access to live support, click on that blue chat "Help" in the bottom left of your account then select "Contact Support"

Reports dashboard - Google Chrome 2019-04-11 13.13.09.png                  Reports dashboard - Google Chrome 2019-04-11 13.13.21.png

0 Upvotes