Sales Hub Tools

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to succeed with Chat: Tips and Tricks

SOLVE

Hi all,

We know that chat is one our most popular tools, and we know you want to learn from the experts - and your peers - about how to successfully use HubSpot's chat tool. 

My ask: If you have any tips for beginners, any suggestions for pros, or anything you want others to know about chat, can you please share them here?

Let's get started!

1 Accepted solution
DAnaGuiloff
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

So much great advice on this thread. The best thing I can add would be....TEST & OPTIMIZE EVERYTHING.

Test, test, and when you think its perfect, test it again with a fresh mind-set. You would be surprised how many "oops" moments are caught with a fresh test.

PRO TIP: Ask some of your target audience to test it out and provide feedback. If you are using HS Service, use the Feedback survey tool to make this process easier on yourself. This can serve as a great engagement point AND it shows your audience you are willing to listen (remember you are asking them for a reason, just be willing to make changes).

After you have tested, continue to optimize. Once you go live with it, set some milestone dates and go back and see how things are performing and pivot where appropriate.

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21
EmmaWashington
Top Contributor

SOLVE

My tip? Do the boring work first, and do it right!

Smooth flows and witty dialogue don't mean diddly if it's 1) not directed towards the right audience, or if 2) it's on the wrong page, or if 3) it doesn't address a specific goal.

So do the legwork first - talk to you internal teams, your evangelists, and your leads to figure out those answers.

Only after you have those points nailed down do you build cool flowcharts and eventually turn it loose on HS 🙂