Sales Hub Tools

defranco
Contributor

How to recover a bounced sequence

SOLVE

Hi! 

I have a 5 e-mail sequence and I have tried to use it for a contact but sadly I've provided the wrong mail address.

It bounced, but when I created it I have changed the sequence template mails a bit to fit this important contact.

Now that it bounced it will waste all the  mails I have written? Or is possible to recover it? 

I've already tried the "re-enroll" option looks like that it will bring the sequence from scratch (templates) without the changes I made.

Kind Regards

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @defranco . At this time there is not a way to recover the editied sequence. That functionality is not built into the tool, but is a great suggestion. Can you head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post?

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @defranco   So, as I understand it, you signifigantly customized a template for this one contact (but did not save it as a new template), and sent it as part of a sequence, but you entered the email address incorretly, so the signifigantly customized template message bounced.

At this point, you would not be able to recover the changes you made to the template, other than copying and pasting out of the error message if possible. 

If this isn't the issue you are having, please clarify the best you can, and I will do my best to advise you further.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
defranco
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @edjusten,

Any idea regarding my post? Thank you for your help.

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @defranco . At this time there is not a way to recover the editied sequence. That functionality is not built into the tool, but is a great suggestion. Can you head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post?

Ed

defranco
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey ejustem,

Thanks for the reply.  You undertood correctly -

I have a 5 mails sequence that I use for cold mail contacting. A good practice for cold mail is that you customize the email for the prospect, for example if I decide to cold mail you to offer some service I would use a sequence I already have but I would add something that is not present on templates like "Hi ejusten, I see that you do a great job answering posts on HubSpot Community", on email #2 I could add: "(...)ejusten, I know the chalenge when understanding and replying non-english language posts members", on email #3 I would add "Do you want to solve the problem as a community manager on dealing with repeated answers you do every month?", and so...

The point here I need to customize the sequence for my prospect to get a impact, but if the prospect reply or I miss I do something wrong while sending the email, like missing the correct email address It will waste all other sequence that I have programmed.

If you reply email #1 - I could in the future reuse and re-engage a sequence from step #2, not using the template but the customized template I already wrote for you.

Is possible to request a feature request? It would be great that would be possible to reuse the missed customised sequence in any way - at least if I could have some way to just copy from the future sequence messages not sent would be great.

Regards  

0 Upvotes