Sales Hub Tools

dopamin90
参加者

How to change the deal stage of multiple deals at once

解決

Hi fellow Hubspotters,

in the real world we send out physical letters and marketing material to people in 3 stages. 

I want to do the following thing:

At the first stage, I want to Import the data of all the contacts we sent the first letter. That already works. When we send the second letter I want to do some kind of import to update those deals and push them to the next deal stage.

As you might thought, I want to push the deals from stage 2 into stage 3 once they get the letter 3. 

BUT I dont want to do this manually by picking each deal, but instead I want to do it with an upload list or something alike. 

How can I make this work?

Thank you in advance.

Max

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @dopamin90,

In your HubSpot Professional subscription, you have access to workflows. If you prepare your import file in a certain way, HubSpot can check whether contacts in the import have received a letter and automagically update the the stage of the associated deal.

First, we need to create a property or multiple property to document whether a contact has received letter 1, 2 and 3. You could use a multiple checkboxes property for this but they can be a bit hard to handle (because of some limitations within HubSpot) so I'd recommend creating three radio select properties on a contact-level:

Has received first letter (radio select, options "yes" and "no")

Has received second letter (radio select, options "yes" and "no")

Has received third letter (radio select, options "yes" and "no")

Now, when you import a list of contacts who have received the first letter, make sure to include a column "Has received first letter" in your file and fill the whole column with the value "yes" for each contact. During the import process, you need to match this column to the newly created proeprty. HubSpot will then update all contacts accordingly. (Of course, you could also bulk edit contacts instead of an import.)

Next, we need to build workflows who are "waiting" for those contacts to be updated. Since we want to move a deal to a new stage, this workflow needs to be deal-based. The enrollment trigger would be that at least one associated contact has the value "yes":

letters-deal-stages.png

The only thing left to do would be to create two more workflows for letter 2 and letter 3 – or to combine all three in one, using if/then branches.

Once workflow are switched on, they will wait for new imports or bulk edits, enroll the associated deals and update their deal stages.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hello @dopamin90,

HubSpot uses the email address as a unique identifier. Everytime you upload a contact list, HubSpot will check if there is already a contact in the system with that email address. If the only new information is the "Has received letter" property, then HubSpot will only append this piece of information to the contact record.

It sounds like you're creating the deals in a previous step. There are some exceptions, but usually the contacts are automatically associated with the deal when the deal is created. (How are you creating the deals? If you're creating deal records via a contact-based workflow, for example, you can select to automatically associate the new deal record with the contact.)

When you import a second or third file, you're not creating new contacts. You're updating the existing ones who are already associated with a deal. The workflow drafted above can now update the deal because it's associated with the contacts that you're updating via import.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
dopamin90
参加者

解決

Thanks Karstem, you helped me a lot. Now it works.

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hello @dopamin90,

HubSpot uses the email address as a unique identifier. Everytime you upload a contact list, HubSpot will check if there is already a contact in the system with that email address. If the only new information is the "Has received letter" property, then HubSpot will only append this piece of information to the contact record.

It sounds like you're creating the deals in a previous step. There are some exceptions, but usually the contacts are automatically associated with the deal when the deal is created. (How are you creating the deals? If you're creating deal records via a contact-based workflow, for example, you can select to automatically associate the new deal record with the contact.)

When you import a second or third file, you're not creating new contacts. You're updating the existing ones who are already associated with a deal. The workflow drafted above can now update the deal because it's associated with the contacts that you're updating via import.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @dopamin90,

In your HubSpot Professional subscription, you have access to workflows. If you prepare your import file in a certain way, HubSpot can check whether contacts in the import have received a letter and automagically update the the stage of the associated deal.

First, we need to create a property or multiple property to document whether a contact has received letter 1, 2 and 3. You could use a multiple checkboxes property for this but they can be a bit hard to handle (because of some limitations within HubSpot) so I'd recommend creating three radio select properties on a contact-level:

Has received first letter (radio select, options "yes" and "no")

Has received second letter (radio select, options "yes" and "no")

Has received third letter (radio select, options "yes" and "no")

Now, when you import a list of contacts who have received the first letter, make sure to include a column "Has received first letter" in your file and fill the whole column with the value "yes" for each contact. During the import process, you need to match this column to the newly created proeprty. HubSpot will then update all contacts accordingly. (Of course, you could also bulk edit contacts instead of an import.)

Next, we need to build workflows who are "waiting" for those contacts to be updated. Since we want to move a deal to a new stage, this workflow needs to be deal-based. The enrollment trigger would be that at least one associated contact has the value "yes":

letters-deal-stages.png

The only thing left to do would be to create two more workflows for letter 2 and letter 3 – or to combine all three in one, using if/then branches.

Once workflow are switched on, they will wait for new imports or bulk edits, enroll the associated deals and update their deal stages.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 いいね!
dopamin90
参加者

解決

Hey Karsten,

thank you for the quick response. One thing is unclear. How does Hubspot matches the deals from the second CSV-File I upload?

Right now I create a contact and a deal by the first CSV-File. How do I match the second file with the deals which been created in the first place?

0 いいね!