Sales Hub Tools

satishreddy
メンバー

How to add prospect directly in CRM

解決

Hi i am new to this R and unable to add prospect . Please let me know how to add a prospect or lead into CRM to move forward. 

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @satishreddy

The HubSpot CRM does not destinguish between leads and prospects (unlike Salesforce), they are all just contacts with different lifecycle stages. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

11件の返信
Phil_Vallender

解決

Hi @satishreddy

A description of how to add contacts to the CRM can be found here: How to add contacts into HubSpot

Hope this helps.

satishreddy
メンバー

解決

I knew how to add a contact but my concern is about how to add prospect/lead under sales tool

Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @satishreddy

The HubSpot CRM does not destinguish between leads and prospects (unlike Salesforce), they are all just contacts with different lifecycle stages. 

Hope this helps.

apuk2696
メンバー

解決

Hi @Phil_Vallender,

So to clarify, in order to add a lead or prospect, you have add them as contacts or companies first. And then you can move them into the sales cycle and deal stages?

0 いいね!
KatlynPlummer
メンバー | Platinum Partner
メンバー | Platinum Partner

解決

Hi @Phil_Vallender ,

I've just recently integrated Salesforce and Hubspot. I need to import my Salesforce contacts into Hubspot but all of the contacts (customers) are being managed under Salesforce "prospecting" records. Do you know the best way to copy these records to leads/contacts so I can import into Hubspot? 

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender

解決

Hi @KatlynPlummer 

I'm not familiar with prospecting records. If they are an object, like leads and contacts, then you would theoretically need to copy them to an object that HubSpot can see. I would probably turn to process builder in the first instance to try to do this but I'm not sure if it is a) possible and b) a good idea as duplicates (records with identical values in a dedupe field) are not generally recommended. 

If you can't use what I would call Salesforce's 'standard' objects for people, then I might suggest you look for an alternative integration vendor, or the development of a custom one. 

@bradmin - do you agree with me here?

0 いいね!
bradmin
キーアドバイザー

解決

Thanks, @Phil_Vallender. Process Builder would work in a behind-the-scenes way. You could also use Process Builder and Flow to tie this to a list view button or a custom screen element.

Before you start building anything, you may want to review whether the current scheme would work better as leads, for a long-term solution. As a new record type on leads, for example, that could natively work with the integration. It would also open up standard Salesforce functionality like lead assignment rules. 

If it's impractical to make that kind of switch, what you're asking is workable with some planning. You may still want to create a new record type for these anyway, especially if they'd use different layouts and picklist values than other leads. 

Assess what prospecting fields you want on the lead, and create a relationship field between prospects and leads. You'll need this for the automation. Create the conditions you like, have it create a new lead, and populate the new record type, create the relationship between the prospect and the lead. Then copy whatever you want from the prospect onto the lead.

That's obviously a lot to think about, and the consultant Phil suggested is a viable route, too.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
satishreddy
メンバー

解決

Thank you for your quick response.  I have found prospect option under the sales tool and wondering how to use that . how can I convert a contact into prospect 

Phil_Vallender

解決

Hi @satishreddy

Right, I see what you are looking at now. 

Prospects, in HubSpot, is an automatically populated lists of annoymous visitors and companies to your website identified automatically by their IP address. 

You can not manually add an entry to the prospects tool. But you can use the informaiton for outreach. 

satishreddy
メンバー

解決

thank you sorclarifing it . could you please let me know the stages of sales life cycle in hubspot

Phil_Vallender

解決

Hi, 

The lifecycle stages are explained thoroughly here: How to use lifecycle stages

Its worth noting that subscriber, lead, opportunity and customer can be set automatically by the CRM but MQL, SQL, evangelist and other are for you to decide how and when to use.