Sales Hub Tools

dmoody

How to add opt out links to templates

SOLVE

I ahve created a template that I am using for email and would like to know how to add a link for opt out

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks for clarifying 🙂

@simmpaul's solution above is a great one, but specificallly for Marketing Emails.

The Sales Emails you send using the HubSpot CRM do not feature unsubscribe links. Why? This is because Sales Emails are designed to be one-on-one emails between you (your sales reps) and a prospective customer, they are not mass emails that require subscription - like Marketing emails, blog udpates etc. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
simmpaul
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

When editing an email template, you can generate the Unsubscribe button in the "View as web page" or "Office location information" built-in modules. On either of these, click "Edit Options" and under "Insert custom email properties:" click "+ Unsubscribe link". The generated code is as follows:

<a target="_blank" href="{{ unsubscribe_link_all }}" style="text-decoration: underline; whitespace: nowrap; color: {{ secondary_font_color }};" data-unsubscribe="true">Unsubscribe</a>

You can paste the above code into a Custom HUBL module anywhere in your template.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @dmoody just to clarify, are you using a Sales email template in the CRM or building a custom HTML email in the Marketing tool?

0 Upvotes
dmoody

SOLVE

I am creating templates using the sales tools templates option. I am alos using the free service

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks for clarifying 🙂

@simmpaul's solution above is a great one, but specificallly for Marketing Emails.

The Sales Emails you send using the HubSpot CRM do not feature unsubscribe links. Why? This is because Sales Emails are designed to be one-on-one emails between you (your sales reps) and a prospective customer, they are not mass emails that require subscription - like Marketing emails, blog udpates etc. 

teggena
Participant

SOLVE

@roisinkirby - I'm new to HubSpot Sales Pro and am just rolling out our email strategy.     Can you please be more clear on your statement regarding the "one to one" emails?   Are you saying that if the 'unscribe' or 'opt out' option is not required is sending emails from HubSpot Sales to 1 recepiant?    Please clairify.    

0 Upvotes
nick-gat
Participant

SOLVE

Can you please confirm this with GDPR compliance needs?

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @nick-gat 

If you have enabled GDPR functionality and have checked the Only send to contacts with an updated lawful basis to communicate, emails can only be sent to contacts who have an Opted in status. With GDPR enabled, your email preferences page will also be impacted. When a contact clicks the link at the bottom of a marketing email, the checkboxes for your subscription types will all be unchecked by default.

If you have not enabled GDPR functionality, emails can be sent to contacts with an Opted in or a Not opted in or out status. Emails will not be delivered to contacts who have chosen to opt out of that subscription type. When a contact visits your email preference page, the checkboxes for your subscription types will be checkedby default.

Please note: while GDPR features exist in HubSpot, your legal team is the best resource to give you compliance advice for your specific situation.

0 Upvotes