Sales Hub Tools

khart1
Participant

How to Update Live Chat Conversation Duration

Hello, During the night our live chat window displays a message letting visitors know that chat is closed but they can leave their question and an email address and we will get back with them the next business day. So when I wake up, I review the messages, associate the visitor/create contact, and write a message acknowledging receive of their inquiry (which they will receive in the transcript) and then close the chat.  This is causing a problem with reporting because it will show the chat was open for many hours, when in fact there was no activity during that time. Is there a way to update the close date or duration to correct this issue?

2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @khart1 

I would recommend creating a bot where you can gather questions at that time and follow up the next day once the bot closes the chat. (More information here

I will tag some of our top experts on this matter, @MatthewShepherd , @AM8 , @EmmaWashington , would you add any other suggestions here?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

khart1
Participant

Thanks so much! I think this sounds like a great solution. Don't know why I didn't think of that. I will try it. If anyone else has ideas please let me know. Thanks!

0 Upvotes