Sales Hub Tools

yajean

How do you create a product (e.g. mortgage) and have an account linked to a customer?

SOLVE

Hi All,

New to Hubspot here and comparing it to Salesforce Financial Services Cloud.

Essentially we want to be able to associate a Customer contact with an Account that is associated with a Product.

For example we may have a Product, e.g. "Home Saver Loan", and a Customer has applied for that product and we want to setup an "Home Saver Loan" Account against their contact. An account could be associated with one or more customers. In terms of the account itself, basic static information will be stored against it like loan amount etc. Ideally this can be updated by API from our other systems.

In addition we also want to create an object called "Security Property" which is also assocaited with an account.

Is this all possible in Hubspot or do I need to go to Salesforce 😐

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

How do you create a product (e.g. mortgage) and have an account linked to a customer?

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @natsumimori.  

Hi @yajean,

Custom objects, like the account/product you describe are not simple to add in HubSpot, but it can be done.  Here's a blog post that explains how to use the Extensions API to add custom objects.

With that said, if you don't want to custom code, you may find it easier to accomplish your goals in Salesforce.

Good luck!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @yajean ,

Thanks for sharing your question in the Community.

I wanted to tag in some subject matter experts here: @trevordjones and @daviddoughty , could you share your advice for @yajean ?

0 Upvotes
yajean

SOLVE

Thanks @natsumimori 

trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @natsumimori.  

Hi @yajean,

Custom objects, like the account/product you describe are not simple to add in HubSpot, but it can be done.  Here's a blog post that explains how to use the Extensions API to add custom objects.

With that said, if you don't want to custom code, you may find it easier to accomplish your goals in Salesforce.

Good luck!

- Trevor

yajean

SOLVE

Thanks @trevordjones ! Looks like this is the only approach.

Do you happen to have an example of how that would actually appear within Hubspot. E.g. Could I pull up a customer contact and see the account assocaited in the side panel?

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @yajean 

Sure thing.  There is a nice video on this blog post that shows you what the custom CRM object looks like.

- Good Luck!

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
yajean

SOLVE

Thanks @trevordjones  - thats very helpful of you. Apprecaited!