Sales Hub Tools

PedroVV

How can i log a meeting for other hubspot user?

SOLVE

My sales representative asked me to log a meeting for him, how can i log this and assign to him?

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: How can i log a meeting for other hubspot user?

Short A: Sure. Just go into the contact record and click on 'Schedule' at the top of the timeline.

(see image)

hubspot-crm-schedule-meeting.png 

Longer A:

Once there, you'll need to complete all the meeting details (including adding any other contacts that need to attend). 

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PedroVV and everyone,

There are some new developments here, making for a cleaner, more straight-forward process. It's now possible to book meetings on behalf of other users, a Sales Hub Professional seat or higher permitting.

Meetings

[Public Beta] Book Meetings on Behalf of Other Users

Apr 26, 2023

What is it?

With this feature, users will now have the ability to book meetings for users other than themselves through the CRM scheduling flow. Users will be able to distinguish between who organized/scheduled a meeting and who the meeting is hosted by/assigned to on the activity timeline. Users can then use the "created by" and "assigned to" filters in reports to understand who is booking meetings and to who the meetings are being assigned to – making it easier to report on BDRs that book meetings for AEs that host the meetings.

Why does it matter?

This feature will assist in common sales scenarios where BDRs/SDRs need to book meetings for prospects and AEs. Prior to this feature, meetings would have to be booked on the behalf of others by using scheduling pages. With this feature, meetings can be booked for the right rep right off of the contact record.

How does it work?

Paid users can book meetings for others off of a contact record by clicking the "schedule a meeting" button on a contact.

Users will see a Host field at the top left of the scheduler. The host defaults to the currently active user but can be changed to assign the meeting to another user by clicking the dropdown.

Selecting a user from the dropdown will update the calendar to reflect the selected host's availability. Selecting a host will also update the Location field to only show the selected user's video conference location options.

For a user to be selected as a meeting host, the user must have their calendar connected and calendar sync setting enabled in Settings > General > Calendar. Users must also be on a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise portal and have an assigned sales seat.

Note that organizers of meetings are not automatically added as attendees. If the organizer of a meeting is not hosting the meeting but still wants to attend the meeting, they would need to add themselves as an attendee through the Attendees dropdown, along with any other users or contacts that should be invited to the meeting.

Users can see who has organized and hosted a meeting by looking at the activity timeline or running a report on meeting activities using the "created by" and "assigned to" filters to distinguish between who is creating/booking the meeting vs. who is hosting/assigned the meeting.

Who gets it?

This feature is in public beta now and is ready to be used by anyone with a paid Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise seat.

You can find the beta by following these steps:

karstenkoehler_1-1682522494157.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PedroVV and everyone,

There are some new developments here, making for a cleaner, more straight-forward process. It's now possible to book meetings on behalf of other users, a Sales Hub Professional seat or higher permitting.

Meetings

[Public Beta] Book Meetings on Behalf of Other Users

Apr 26, 2023

What is it?

With this feature, users will now have the ability to book meetings for users other than themselves through the CRM scheduling flow. Users will be able to distinguish between who organized/scheduled a meeting and who the meeting is hosted by/assigned to on the activity timeline. Users can then use the "created by" and "assigned to" filters in reports to understand who is booking meetings and to who the meetings are being assigned to – making it easier to report on BDRs that book meetings for AEs that host the meetings.

Why does it matter?

This feature will assist in common sales scenarios where BDRs/SDRs need to book meetings for prospects and AEs. Prior to this feature, meetings would have to be booked on the behalf of others by using scheduling pages. With this feature, meetings can be booked for the right rep right off of the contact record.

How does it work?

Paid users can book meetings for others off of a contact record by clicking the "schedule a meeting" button on a contact.

Users will see a Host field at the top left of the scheduler. The host defaults to the currently active user but can be changed to assign the meeting to another user by clicking the dropdown.

Selecting a user from the dropdown will update the calendar to reflect the selected host's availability. Selecting a host will also update the Location field to only show the selected user's video conference location options.

For a user to be selected as a meeting host, the user must have their calendar connected and calendar sync setting enabled in Settings > General > Calendar. Users must also be on a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise portal and have an assigned sales seat.

Note that organizers of meetings are not automatically added as attendees. If the organizer of a meeting is not hosting the meeting but still wants to attend the meeting, they would need to add themselves as an attendee through the Attendees dropdown, along with any other users or contacts that should be invited to the meeting.

Users can see who has organized and hosted a meeting by looking at the activity timeline or running a report on meeting activities using the "created by" and "assigned to" filters to distinguish between who is creating/booking the meeting vs. who is hosting/assigned the meeting.

Who gets it?

This feature is in public beta now and is ready to be used by anyone with a paid Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise seat.

You can find the beta by following these steps:

karstenkoehler_1-1682522494157.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Daniel32

SOLVE

Karsten,

This still doesnt resolve the issue that a few on here raised and that we face as well.  If you have a SDR or similar who logs meetings already completed with notes onto the CRM, how can that user assign the credit to the AE who completed the meeting without logging into his HS account?

0 Upvotes
NKennedy2
Participant

SOLVE

It's really not best practise, but as a work around I create the BDM as a service ticket linked to their contact and the company.

Then I associate the ticket on each meeting. Reporting can then at least be built on SDR/ BDM.
I agree though, this should have been developed by now as it seems an obvious requirement.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing this workaround, @NKennedy2

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Tunch
Contributor

SOLVE

Was there any update on a better solution? How do others track meetings booked for BDR/SDR's correctly if this can't be done??

0 Upvotes
nikk
Participant

SOLVE

We use Meetings links under the Sales tab. It's not perfect because those links are meant for your contacts to schedule a meeting with you, so one of the fields is "Your email address" and you have to know to put in the contact's email address. Also, in our case we really want to know who scheduled the meeting to give that individual credit but as of now you cannot see who scheduled the meeting using the link. (I imagine that is because they are assuming the contact scheduled the meeting themselves.) It would be great if the regular meeting scheduler allowed you to select which user the meeting is for. It seems like it should be a really easy update so I am not sure why they haven't done it yet.

AWhitson16
Contributor

SOLVE
Thank you Nikk! Agreed, we need the ability to give credit to the person
who scheduled the meeting.
0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: How can i log a meeting for other hubspot user?

Short A: Sure. Just go into the contact record and click on 'Schedule' at the top of the timeline.

(see image)

hubspot-crm-schedule-meeting.png 

Longer A:

Once there, you'll need to complete all the meeting details (including adding any other contacts that need to attend). 

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Jimmy
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

This is not a good solution because for a sales you need to be the owner to get credit for the meeting.

If you are an attendee it is not the same.

So wrong answer for me no ?

AWhitson16
Contributor

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson, Jimmy is correct. How do you set up a meeting for another Hubspot user so they get credit in sales analytics for the meeting?

PedroVV

SOLVE

Is this solution works for meetings that have already happened? A past record?