Sales Hub Tools

kirstylp
Participante

How are messages routed when multiple agents are online?

resolver

If I have 2 sales reps logged into chat and set to online at the same time, which one recieves notifications of new chat's? 

I don't want to use the route to owner function because i'm guessing 80% of our users are not already in our CRM and I still want those users to be able to speak to someone rather than being routed to the offline message which is how i understood the message routing to work. 

thanks! 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
rayckay91
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hey @kirstylp check out this Messages User Guide for a full breakdown of Messages setup, settings and implementation. 

Under Message Settings there is a section in the left sidebar menu called Message Routing. 

Here you can decide whether you'd like the Rotate to owner setting to be turned on or off. With this feature enabled, messages will be routed to known contacts' owners if the owner is online, emailed to the owner if they are offline, and routed to any team member who is online if the visitor is not owned. 

With this feature disabled, incoming chats are routed in a round-robin fashion to any rep who is online at that time.

Here you can also set your Offline fallback user from the dropdown menu. This user will receive messages via email if there are no team members online when a visitor sends a message. 

messages-chat-message-routing.png

I hope the above helps to answer your question - let me know if I can be of any further help!

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
Ldiablo
Participante

resolver

Hi, I know this thread is old but I also am looking into being able to do what @KenO-ATL  suggests here. I want my chat conversations to go to a specific agent until that agent is unavailable. When the specific agent is unavailable I want the round-robin to come into play. Is that possible? 

rayckay91
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hey @kirstylp check out this Messages User Guide for a full breakdown of Messages setup, settings and implementation. 

Under Message Settings there is a section in the left sidebar menu called Message Routing. 

Here you can decide whether you'd like the Rotate to owner setting to be turned on or off. With this feature enabled, messages will be routed to known contacts' owners if the owner is online, emailed to the owner if they are offline, and routed to any team member who is online if the visitor is not owned. 

With this feature disabled, incoming chats are routed in a round-robin fashion to any rep who is online at that time.

Here you can also set your Offline fallback user from the dropdown menu. This user will receive messages via email if there are no team members online when a visitor sends a message. 

messages-chat-message-routing.png

I hope the above helps to answer your question - let me know if I can be of any further help!

0 Avaliação positiva
KenO-ATL
Membro

resolver

I just called Hubspot Support about the ability to set routing priority when someone sends a message via the chat service. As you stated above, Hubspot currently uses a "round-robin" algorithm (basically random selection) to determine which sales agent will be sent the chat query. We would like the ability to select a specific agent be the first to get the chat since we have defined "primary" agents for responding to Hubspot requests. Can you please add this as a feature to a future version of Hubspot? Shane Duplessis of your Support team suggested I post this feature request on Hubspot Community.

Ken Ochi

Accelerated Technology Laboratories

kirstylp
Participante

resolver

thank you!

0 Avaliação positiva