Sales Hub Tools

adamlfoster
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Help with assigning tasks

We often assign companies to different sales reps based on their postcodes which is easily done. However when we do this we would ideally like all of the tasks associated with those companies to automatically be assigned to the same company owner.

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
BukunmiOdetayo
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

Hi @adamlfoster,

Are you using workflows to create all of those tasks? Ideally, automatically assigning all tasks associated with a company to an owner via workflow would sound impossible. However, if you have an existing workflow that auto-creates these tasks, you can easily go to update that workflow (to enroll all existing companies) or you can create a new workflow (but this will be possible only for new tasks that are created after the workflow is turned on).

To create a new workflow, choose "company-based" workflow and set "company owner is known" as the trigger. At this point, you can perform any other actions you need (like if/else, or any other thing) if there are any. Then, "create task" and "assign to" the existing owner of the company. 

To update an existing workflow, first, turn the workflow off. Then, go to the "create task" action and update the "assign to" to choose "existing owner of the company". Perform any other action you need if there is any. Then, turn the workflow back on. At this point, it should ask "whether or not you want to enroll companies who meet the triggers as of now", and choose "yes" to enroll existing companies to update the tasks owners to the companies owners.

I also recorded this video for you.

Hope this helps

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

adamlfoster
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time but this is not the issue. I'm aware of all of this.

if a user has 30,000 companies assigned to them of which there are 5,000 tasks assigned to this user that are all associated to the companies they are own then if you change the ownership of some of the companies based on a certain criteria such as postcode then you can't associate the related tasks. 

In summary what I need is a simple toggle switch that says 'if company owner changes then update the assignee of the task that company is related to'.

I think I've found an app that can do this.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @adamlfoster thank you for posting in our Community!

I want to invite some top experts to this conversation @AdamLPW @EmmaWashington any recommendations for @adamlfoster matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !