Sales Hub Tools

CSeabolt
Participant

Help needed with Deal Naming automation

SOLVE

Hello all,

We have set up an automation for standarding Deal names.  The automation is supposed to go like this

When an automatic lead arrives from a franchise portal: 

Contact is created with business unit 

New Deal is created and populated based on contact information

• Deal autogenerated name from contact record: First/Last name - Business Unit - City/State

The challenge we have is with the business unit (aka the brand).  The business unit in the name is being poplated with the behind the scenes code and not hte actual name.  

Should be:

Suzie Q - Monster Tree - Seattle, WA

Problem is, its populating like this:

Suzie Q - 52194 - Seattle, WA

Any insights into how to get 51294 to appear as Monster Tree?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
ADMiller18
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Do you know where the 51294 is pulling from? I would update the workflow and add a 2 minute delay between the form submission and Deal Creation and see if that resolves the issue, I am wondering if it's pulling over an ID number of some sort instead of the Business Unit name. The brief delay will give HubSpot a moment to to save the contact before setting up the Deal.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CSeabolt,

This is unfortunately expected behavior at this point, I tested this in my own portal. (You could submit a post to the product team in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.)

As an interim solution there are two ways to work around this:

Create a custom single-line text property (e.g. Business unit name) and a new workflow that maps an actual name to the internal business unit ID.

OR

In your existing workflow, create an if/then branch for each of the Business units before creating/naming the deal. Don't use a personalization token for the deal naming but regular text. Now that deals in a particular branch have "identified" themselves as being from one specific business unit, you now which business unit name to put in manually in the deal name field. Similar approach as above but doesn't require an additional custom property.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @CSeabolt,

Yes, I believe it populates with an ID, rather than the actual name? That is unfortunately intended behavior that is not easily worked around. You'll need to create a Workflow that automatically maps the name to a custom field, then populates the dal name based on that, I believe. 

But deal names are super important for searchability, so definitely want to get the real organization name in the deal name, if you can. 

I did want to let you know that Insycle is able to populate deal names using any HubSpot field. Here is our help center article that documents how this works. 

Best,

Ryan

0 Upvotes
CSeabolt
Participant

SOLVE

@RBozeman we found a workaround by hardcoding the name in the workflow instead of using a token 

CSeabolt_0-1664311858097.png

0 Upvotes
CSeabolt
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you guys.  I'll take this to our workflow guru!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CSeabolt,

This is unfortunately expected behavior at this point, I tested this in my own portal. (You could submit a post to the product team in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.)

As an interim solution there are two ways to work around this:

Create a custom single-line text property (e.g. Business unit name) and a new workflow that maps an actual name to the internal business unit ID.

OR

In your existing workflow, create an if/then branch for each of the Business units before creating/naming the deal. Don't use a personalization token for the deal naming but regular text. Now that deals in a particular branch have "identified" themselves as being from one specific business unit, you now which business unit name to put in manually in the deal name field. Similar approach as above but doesn't require an additional custom property.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ADMiller18
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Do you know where the 51294 is pulling from? I would update the workflow and add a 2 minute delay between the form submission and Deal Creation and see if that resolves the issue, I am wondering if it's pulling over an ID number of some sort instead of the Business Unit name. The brief delay will give HubSpot a moment to to save the contact before setting up the Deal.

0 Upvotes