Sales Hub Tools

JPs12
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Google Calendar via Meetings tool - Guest permissions to modify event

We are running Sales Pro and we are planning on starting to use the meetings tool on a larger scale in our sales organisation. When testing the process we came up with couple of minor obstacles. Hope you can help us to get some clarification on the matters.

First, we have set the permissions on the Google Calendar settings "Event Settings" --> "Default quest permission" to  "Modify event". Unfortunately once a person makes a booking through the link it does not let the person who booked the meeting to make any changes to it (i.e. the "Modify event" box is not ticked in the event details). Any ideas why this is happenning? There is a workaround (the organizer adds permission to modify events manually when needed per event) but it is not optimal.

Second, is there a way to not add the collected information (eg. company name, birthday etc.) to the calendar event. Currently if we want to populate the contact with the information they provide it shows these fields on the event description.  Workaround is to ask the person who makes the booking to fill a form and use this information to populate the contacts data. Though this is also not an optimal situation. While testing we haven't used any premade descriptions though probably should test this when a chance occurs.

Any ideas for good workarouds / setting appreciated

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@JPs12 @davidbockman 

For the "modify event" box not being ticked - I believe this is intentional to avoid the meeting details from being updated inadvertantly by the customer. If that's an important feature to have, you could add it to the ideas discussion for the HubSpot product team to review.

For the collected information, I'm not sure I understand - typically the collected information isn't added to the event description unless you're using personalization tokens (as shown below).

Jnix284_1-1685494810440.png

If you are collecting the information through the meeting form, it should automatically be updated on the contact record - where is the information coming from for it to be added to the event description?

The meeting form can be configured with the necessary form fields directly - not sure why this isn't ideal without better understanding your use case:

Jnix284_2-1685494945009.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

davidbockman
Participant

Did you ever find a solution to this?

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JPs12 

Welcome to the Community!

Maybe @Josh @warrendavey @JonPayne can share some thoughts/ideas about this topic.

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !