Google Calendar Regional Holiday Calendars

Highlighted
Top Contributor

I love the new ability to link multiple calendars to meeting availability.  However, it looks like linking one of Google's holiday calendars doesn't change my availability to Busy on the indicated holidays?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Wordna  According to this HubSpot Academy Meetings User Guide, you can only connect to calendars you either own (created by you) or that your email address has access to in your connected Gmail or Office 365 account. If your company has created a holiday calendar, you should be able to connect to it.  Otherwise you'll need to block off holiday time in your own calendar. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

@edjusten, that is unfortunate.  I think allowing Google's public, regional holiday calendars to be intergrated would be very helpful.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

HI @Wordna  Just following up on this in my own portal, I was able to add a Google holiday calendar called Holidays in Uninted States. This is a standard calendar found usisng the Goolge instructions here:

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6084659

Are you able to see this in your calendar interface?

Ed

holiday.png

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

Thank you @edjusten, that option didn't exist when I started this thread.  It looks like HubSpot added support for those calendars.

I am noticing that unfortunately the "Holidays in Canada" calendar includes a ton of days that are not Stat holidays and/or are specific to certain provinces.  I guess Google's default calendar wont work for me afterall...

If someone knows of public Google calendars with per-province stat holidays...

Hopefully HubSpot will also look into supporting Family Calendars: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Tools/quot-Family-quot-Google-Calendar/m-p/182057

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Thanks for clarifying @Wordna I moved the Family calendar suggestions to our ideas forum for further comment. 

Ed 

0 Upvotes

Hi Ed,

In my portal, I'm not able to add the "Holidays in Poland" calendar, although I have subscribed to it using the Google instructions that you linked. Is this an error in Hubspot, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Michal

0 Upvotes