Sales Hub Tools

mccarthymp

Google Calendar Error connecting

Hi All,

I am trying to connect a Google Calendar to sales->meetings so I can provide a link to my calendar with my availability. I can connect to my calendar through the integration but in meetings it always says "Your calendar is not connected. Please connect your calendar to activate your scheduling pages." I am using a Google Calandar but there is no GMail email associated with the email addresss. To repeat, the email is not GMail or GSuite. I think this problem maybe the one outlined here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Gmail-Sales-Extension/Google-calendar-not-connected-to-Meetings/m-p....

I'm unclear on why this won't work? Why does "meeting" require a GMail address in order to function? If that is the case, it seems like an oversight in the product that needs to be addressed. A feature request at the very least.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
mccarthymp

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak,

I'm not sure I understand how that knowled base article references Google Calendars that are not part of G Suite. Can you spell it out for me?

I'm new to the platform, but as far as I can tell I have a "connected inbox" (through IMAP/SMTP) and I am using "Google/Gmail" for my calendar, which is connected and works for contacts -> meet. The page doesn't even mention "G Suite". Anyway, I'm really not sure why you can connect a Google Calendar in to be used in contacts -> meet but not through sales -> meetings.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mccarthymp, sure! Apologies if I haven't explained the calendar integration clearly. 

The calendar two-way sync integration (outlined here), is a separate feature from the Meetings tool. The 2 features use different authentication connections: our bi-directional calendar sync tool uses the same authentication connection as the email integration, while Meetings uses a Gmail/Outlook email authentiation connection and a calendar protocol (and therefore only supports calendars that are hosted with Google Apps (G Suite) or Gmail (Google Free)). 

That being said, if you have successfully connected your calendar via the two-way sync integration, we can try to override the Gmail/Outlook email authentiation requirement for Meetings in the backend, so you can use Meetings anyway. I would require your HubSpot user's email address - could you send me a direct message with the email?

Thank you!

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mccarthymp,

Thank you for reaching out! It's great that you have already done some research in the Community - as you have already suspected, this is a limitation of the Meetings tool: it only supports calendars and emails that are hosted by G Suite or Office365, as mentioned in this Knowledge base article.

There is a product idea in our Ideas Forum with a similar use case (connecting a calendar that isn't hosted on Google or Office365). I would like to encourage you to participate in the idea thread by upvoting and commenting on the post to bring it to our Product team's attention and provide more context. You can check the Ideas Forum Users' Guide here

Thanks,

Mia.

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes